My brother from Germany asked me what I want for the holidays, should I ask for an AKG 702 or DT990 Pro? Or something else around €125?

Help me decide the best price to performance among these two, and why do you prefer one over the other? These are €125 and this is what I find to be the best within EU region at that price and from a European brand. I like to keep it that way as a sort of a memento. Hehe.

I’m not actually looking for something specific as this is just a bonus from what I currently have: a Grado SR80x and a Moondrop Aria. If it helps, I’m buying a Sundara next year and an Amp/DAC stack.

I would also like to hear other recommendations on that price range. Thank you so much!

If I were you, I’d save my money up and get a better headphone than the sundara

2 Likes

A few questions:

1. How are you currently driving your headphones?

2. What music do you listen to? (Genres, Artists, etc.)

3. Maybe you already have preferences in sound signature, if so, what are you liking or disliking?

Yes, I am actually saving up for a Hifiman Sundara. But, either of the AKGs or Beyers will be given as a gift.

1. I am running through a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and an LG V30.
  2. My bias goes to pop, rock, j-pop, and jazz but good music is fine.
  3. Hmm, I am bias towards the mid-forward signature of the Grado. But, a warm-neutral sound like the Arias are good complements to the Grados when I just want to relax. Either of these sound signature are good as I alternate between them.

Can you recommend either of the two? If not, what 125 euro HP would be a good gift to be received?

Who sound signature do you want?