My H400i Arived yay!

you can also get the adapter rings off of these pads; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV2JYXK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cost just a little bit more, but probably faster shipping because of prime.

also if you plan on using your ZMF lambskin, you should be aware of the driver crinkle issue that non perf zmf pads can cause on the 400i. you can read about it and the solutions as well as other popular mods in this thread; https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he4xx.856943/page-21#post-13968718

By crinkle issue are you taking about the driver jam one? Is is there about her issue? I’m on a tiny mobile atm so reading hard.

Driver crinkle is pretty noticeable and you would hear it crinkle like aluminum foil. Because a driver crinkles does not mean it is stuck. It crinkles because air gets trapped and creates a air seal. This can happen with some pads that are solid and don’t let much air or sound escape. This isn’t ideal, but usually is not an absolute sign of a jammed driver

1 Like

MON summarized it perfectly. The ZMF non-perf pads are known to cause driver crinkle on the 400i/4xx, sometimes you may only notice when first putting the cans on, other cases will be more noticeable where just the slightest shift to the pads can cause it to happen YMMV. That’s the main reason why I went with perforated zmf on mine.

Yeah, I had that issue with my sendys, and sendy sent out a perforated pad that somewhat fixed the issue, but it is sill there, but not noticeable with daily use. Also audeze even basically says on there site that it can be normal sometimes

It’s just irritating imo and is a downside of planar if you mod them with sealed pads when they didn’t expect to be putting sealed pads on that headphone

right ok, I take it there isn’t a fix for it then other finding a weird way to not let the pads full seal?

well you can get perforated or fenestrated pads to correct the problem, or you could put something in between the pad ring to make a gap. It might not even happen is another thing. You might not have the issue altogether, it just depends

pretty much. Ive seen where some people will sorta open up a gap between the pad and the headphone to let some of the air escape

I have 4 planars sundara, 400i, t50rp mk3, and m560… I’ve never experienced this crinkle sound.

so far I have not noticed it with my pair. but I do where glasses so there is not a good seal on my head.

That would pretty much prevent any crinkling even if there was anyway. Have you tried them without glasses to see if there is actually a crinkle (and see if there is a significant sound quality difference)?

no I have not yet. I am a bad music listener I only ever seem to when I am doing other things at the same time, which need usable eyes.

Well different people have different ways of enjoying music lol, I don’t really think there is a bad way to listen as long as you are enjoying it (actually but don’t severely damage your hearing, that would be pretty bad)

I know someone who bought glasses that just rest on his nose without frames and it works well for that purpose, but looks a bit silly lol

but I paid for the entire nob, shouldn’t I get to use all of it lol. I will give it a shot to use em without my shades tonight for a bit to see if i get the crinkle.