My ideas are great and terrible

Now you’ve got me thinking of doing these as a bedroom set. Towers in a bedroom, kinda weird, but who gives a fuck. 2.0 set in the bedroom for those days you have off and wanna have a lazy day in bed. With the dual Epique 7" per channel, hopefully there should be enough bass to not need a separate sub, which was part of the original idea.

I’m still thinking of trying to source some 2x10 lumber, possibly African mahogany or black walnut to use as the face. It would probably be the single most expensive piece of the entire build if I do.

Could half ass it and get some nice veneer.

I could… But I’ve been wanting to pick up a little wood working again. I’ve worked with black walnut before, and I really like the nice warm tones some wood has.

Then again, from current pricing, I’m looking at ~$400 for two 2"x10"x60" boards

Just pointing overall costs of what you are planning and something i would think about while planning. :slight_smile: To the point of music playing.
Even having 1 good amp vs having 2 amps, can add up the total cost of what you are planning.
Along the topic i though you could even have four amps. Might have been my miss understanding.

Powering the speakers is the easy part in my mind. There are many ways how.
First thing would be to know. What the speakers will be in technical terms since DIY can be what they are made to be.