Natural progression?

yeah that’s a good point… almost seems like it with the detail retrieval though lol… youre right though

I would agree they are more detailed for sure, I just think they end up being in the same tier of performance overall

1 Like

As I have said, I am still learning this world of headphones… speakers I know and have for years but this is new. Right now knowledge is power and that is what I seek… Sundara, Elex and something else will give me even more of this knowledge from which I can choose one now, and then move on to the next on the list so to speak.

On a side note, I find the Asgard 3 runs frickin warm!!.. For shit’s and giggles I have a 4" usb powered fan that I use in the Summer months. I am currently using it to blow across the top of the Asgard and it keeps it ice cold!!.. or at least under the temperature of molten lava LOL!!!

The temperature is harmless, in fact you generally want SS gear to settle in temperature because It impacts how the passive components work.

2 Likes

I know it is harmless… amp sits under my monitor that is all. I will probably move it from there though.

Opinion of the Aeon open from Drop.com. How much of a step up or would it be sideways?

I highly recommend the Elex. Theyre the best set i own, and theyre like my Ferrari, they come out occasionally, when i have plenty of time to spend with them because once you put them on you wont want to take them off.

2 Likes

So the aeon open x is nice, but imo I would instead look for a used or bstock aeon 2 as it’s a very large improvement in sound quality over the aeon flow (which the aeon open x is based on)

1 Like

Not a good sign when B stock aeon 2 goes for over 1100.00… also not easy to find…

Here is some

And here I was looking for ‘open’

Ah, well imo the open sound real close to the closed in some ways, the mrspeakers/dca opens are more semi closed if anything

Yet another tidbit of knowledge… will consider… I have some feelers out for nighthawk carbons (Local audioquest dealer) as well as contemplating waiting on Elex to drop again… Sundara is still a option to consider as well. Thanks for your infinite advice Mon…

I may be in the wrong but I feel the sundara is great but it doesn’t seem like a monumental leap over the 4xx to me. Like it’s better than them in every way but it seems more like something fully replace the 4xx and sell off the 4xx rather than something to add to the 4xx and 58x.

But then again I could say that for half of my headphones so maybe I’m crazy ha. I just listen to my brother in laws sundaras and maybe it’s because I listened to them after I already had 500-1000 dollar cans that I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I’d be.

The aeon 2s open and closed are still going for 760 new from dan Clark direct though. Through the 16th.

My vote would be on the opens between the 2 personally. But I haven’t heard both lol. I just love mine.

Also M0N, would you recommend the elex over the elear when they go for the same price now? I kinda want focals to try but the elex goes for 600 often on drop with 2 cables (shitty cables from what I hear) and the elears are usually 600 as well with an extra set of pads (clear of utopia pads) So which is a better buy?

Absolutely, the elex is just a better headphone imo no matter what pads you throw on the elear. Personally I don’t really see a reason to get the elear when the elex exists

Alright good to know for the future! :+1:.

I guess that just depends on what you are going for, the sundara is the most logical upgrade to the 4xx imo, pretty impressive for the price too imo, hence why I would call it a pretty good natural progression