Need a DAP that can drive HARD headphones and bypasses battery

so I can double it as a desktop amp/dac and not break the bank.

I was looking at this, but …
TempoTec Variations V6
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166046126/tempotec-variations-v6-dsd512-android-hifi-music-player/comments

I can’t think of a dap out there that will fully bypass its own battery (perhaps only fiio m17 but I haven’t heard that so can’t speak to it), most can be used as a USB dac, and some have a desktop mode, but it’s still going to run though the battery regardless (depends on the design of how much wear/degradation it will cause over time).

What headphones are you mainly looking to drive?

1 Like

Tinhifi P1s (OG) the only thing I have they sound good on are my HAA FEE h9 and my xDuoo XD05 Plus - they sound mid AF on anything else - you would think KZ made them - but man when powered properly…

Yeah I hear you with the OG Tin P1’s a real hard set to drive for sure (one of my favs too btw) you could try the new iBasso DX170 @ $449…apparently good for the Hifiman HE1000se so should be up to the task?..my DX 300/12 drives my P1’s real nice or use the the DX170 4.4mm out to something like an xDuoo MT-604 as they jam real well with a hybrid tube source :notes::+1:

1 Like

Here’s my fav P1 source…

1 Like

okay, you have to give me time to google all that… I’m just an Autistic Musician who stumbled into all of this in his old age because of circumstances beyond my control… :rofl: can I shoot you a couple more questions?

For sure lol…old age we have in common :+1:

So I don’t have a ton of $ - I can do 3 figure shit, but not 4 figure right now, and in Serbia taxes are 50% of the item PLUS SHIPPING but I need a setup because I have to be loud during the day and quiet at night…

I want to get one of the new 8k DIRAC AV Receivers later on ($$$) because, room weirdness shape,

but I have 2 monitors, and 2x 4-Stacks of Fluance speakers wired to be all at 8 ohms being pushed by an old S.M.S.L FBA_SA-98E coming out of the Optical of my tv through a BT transmitter with my PC (mostly) or the Netflix app or the PS3 as a source

for night time I have NO headphones I truly like and my super light sleeper wife lives on a different schedule, and IEMs kill my pinnae after 3 hours or so. plus I have only a xDOO XD05 Plus or HAA FEE h9 as headphone amps - (had a BTR5 but it bricked on me) so battery discharge is a thing… was looking at the Topping Discrete, but don’t know if that is the move, but I need something that will push those P1s!