Need a new gaming headset with a budget of 200$. Already have two candidates

Hello,
Take a look to the Beyerdynamic Custom Game.
Maybe they give you a better option,because you can adjust a bit.

Is a nice Headset,very comfortable,not Bad Quality,and can use for Music and movies too.

I finally settled on AKG’s K702s.
I think it’s a great value for the price. (Just about 135$ here)

1 Like

Nice, curious to see what you think about them :+1:

Do you think it’d be better to buy Vmoda boompro instead of the lav.? I found it locally and it isn’t much more expensive.
Would have to buy mini XLR to 3.5mm thought.

If you could find a working mini xlr to 3.5mm adapter that would be a solid choice, I don’t really know of any off the top of my head though

I just asked on reddit and he said this:

Yes but once you add that the vmoda boom pro will be hanging so low it will be digging into your shoulder and when you look left it could press against your shoulder and break.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that would be the case if the adapter is too bulky, I didn’t know of any to begin with lol, if it could be done though it would prob get the job done

The adapter would look like this:

That looks like it would do the job, I mean being akg you can just tilt your headphones a bit backwards on your head so the connector points out a bit more and not directly down, I think that would get the job done, but there def is a chance for some ergonomic issues

The guy on reddit also pointed out I couldn’t use (in the future) an DAC/AMP combo if I used the V-Moda, I’d have to buy and USB soundcard, because of the TRRS cable.

Well that would be solved by a cable that would separate the mic from the signal with a cable like this

The only issue might be length, but you could get some 3.5mm extensions to solve that

Thank you very much for all the help.

Got my K702 today. The sound is good, even with just the motherboard and they’re loud enough, can’t hear any background noise at all. Would like a bit more bass, but I can solve that easily through EQ.

However, the pads are quite uncomfortable (too stiff) and are not making proper seal.

I will test them a couple more days and will either keep them or return them and look for something else.

1 Like

Hmmm, they could be warn out and need new pads but it depends

How could they be worn out when they’re brand new

My bad, complete mistype, it should be hey could need to be warn in, not warn out lol

What my peanut brain meant to say : Hmmm, they could need to be warn in and might not need new pads but it depends

That’s possible.
However, I don’t have much time for testing (about a week), after than I can’t return them for free.
I guess they don’t wear in in a week :confused:

Yeah most likely not, if comfort is a miss then I guess return them

Idk, I will use them for the week and if it still bothers me I will return them. But I won’t really know what to buy then :frowning:

Yeah it would be back to the search