Need Connection Advice for Active Speakers and Desktop Stack

I have a Topping L30/E30 stack on the way and am interested in changing some of my current connections in order to take full advantage of the features. I currently run my Vanatoo Transparent Zero speakers to my PC via toslink. I have my current stack (Schiit Heresy + G6) connected via USB. So when switching between headphones and speakers, I switch sources on my PC.

Since the L30 has a pre-amp/headphone amp switch on the front, I’m interested in having only one sound source on the PC. This will also help the WAF if I forget to change settings to what she uses before I log off. So would it be best to connect my Vanatoos to the L30 amp or E30 DAC? Would I use toslink if going to the E30 and analog to the amp? I’m guessing I’d connect to the amp if I want to use the front switch? In this case, will I still be getting source material from my PC through the E30’s connection to the amp? The Vanatoos are active and have their own DSP (as well as multiple digital inputs), so would it be best to keep them separate for best performance, or is integrating them into the desktop stack a good option?

Appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!

Just go from the l30 if I’m reading this correctly, should be no issues whatsoever. So pc > E30 > l30 > t0

1 Like

Thanks. Once I actually typed everything out, I began to think this would be the solution. So essentially, the amp will output whatever source the DAC receives. So on my PC I won’t have to switch between speakers and headphone dac for my source, but instead just flip the switch on the L30?

If the L30 is functioning as a pre-amp for my speakers, is there a particular spot on the speakers’ volume knob should be set? Or is it just trial and error for the volumes I prefer?

Yes

I would max out the vanatoos or at least get close, but really it’s trial and error to find the best volume range between the two

Great, thanks for the feedback, M0N!