Need help choosing close back under 100

So the takstar pro 82 is a better headphone than the 752?

I’ve read a bit more now and I’ve seen that the Yamaha hph-mt5 and sennheiser HD 280 pro are also around the same price of the M40x and both have good reviews. How do they compare to the M40x? The more I read the more confuse I am with the possible options haha.

Do you have any experience with the Creative Aurana Live! people also say that are a very good pair of bass cans. Is the bass too much? I generally don’t like a lot of bass but the only experience I have with bass headphone is from friends’ beats or stuff like that so I dont know if this is the same kind of boomy bass that makes my head hurt or just good detail on the bass.

Hello,
But you can order it from Massdrop and have it shipped to Europe, which will not even cost you $15 in shipping and handling, and the maximum VAT in your country.
I bought it a few months ago and arrived in Germany and didn’t even have to pay the VAT so in the end I only paid $90 for shipping.
The money is worth it.

Mh752 is based on the takstar so no. Mh752 removed the bass slider but has the equalizer software.

Skip the yamaha. Sennheiser is good if your a fan of neutral and vocals.

Cal, is quite bassy may be a bit much but I cant answer that for you. It’s not a cannon though and responds to pad swaps quite nicely. I wouldn’t call it boomy, if I wanted to be picky I’d say slightly muddy

AKG K371 for $95

I´m still on the fence but just narrowed it down to two the akg k361 and the CM 752. I just saw the video of Zeos raving about the akg for their sound and comfort but he complained about the cable being a 2.5mm if I´m not mistaken. Does anyone know if it is still possible to find a boom mic thing for that connection? Is it really that much of an incovenience to have a 2.5mm?

I was rereading this message and I saw you mentioned that the k371 sounded more harman, what does mean? Is it a type of tunning that the brand makes?

Sorry I’m grilling you with questions. In your opinion are the CM worth the 30 (751) or 50 (752) price difference with the takstar pro 82? What they offer is that much of an improvement to cost quite more money than the headphone they are based in?

Harman curve neutral or rather more of a subtle V. I would recommend looking into that one as a bit to explain. Not a brand but a kind of sound. My aeons are Harman signature lovem to death.

Sound quality is about equal, comfort subjective but I like cm, less bass on the cm making it a bright headphone while the takstar has the bass slider which can make it bright or v shaped. 752 has the equalizer the other two do not. Pretty sure the main difference of 752 is the 7.1 virtual and equalizer that’s all. Both cm do not have a bass slider. Takstar does not have a mic either which would drag the price up around $40 anyway for a mic.

Mh7 series for bright / competitive. Mh 6 series for more fun sound or casual