Need help choosing what to buy

I am completely new to the audio field, having only started researching a few days ago. I live in Brazil and audio equipment in general is extremely expensive here, so I need something that isn’t too costly but has good imaging for FPS games in general.

You looking for a headphone (open- or closed-back), or an IEM? Do you need a headset with a microphone, or do you not or have that covered already?

closed-back, and i dont need a mic

If you can get Beyerdynamic, the DT150 or DT770 should suit your use case well.

2 Likes

tnks, ill take a look

how many ohms? 25, 80 or 250? And do I need to buy an amp to use the DT770 pro?

I suggest 80ohm.

It has less sibilance but requires a little more power than the 32ohm (which you can run on a phone). If you go for 80ohm it helps to have a desktop amp, nothing fancy or expensive is needed. Depending on how loud you listen it’s not mandatory.

You can reduce the sibilance with PEQ if you get the 32ohm, I have settings and instructions if you need help in the future. Cheers.

1 Like

I would like to have the settings and instructions, tnks

1 Like

Lemme know whenever you get it in through PM, I’ll send you the deeds.

2 Likes

Eighty ohms is the sweet spot for sure.

2 Likes

Due to the 92% import tax, I had to look for a Brazilian brand, and I ended up choosing the Kuba Classic 2 model, which is 32 ohms. The price of the DT770 Pro was very good, but with the taxes, it became too expensive, and adding the cost of the amp made it even worse. Tnks for the help anyway.

2 Likes

I ended up buying a 32-ohm Kuba Classic, which should arrive in 5 days. I’ll get in touch when it arrives, thank you.

2 Likes

Looks good, I like the bamboo. You only have to adjust the EQ if you don’t like the way it sounds. Sibilance is when they produce harsh piercing highs so it is probably not necessary. Beyers are spicy for some.

Edit: Sorry, was a bit uncareful with the terminology. Sibilance and high piercing highs are not the same. Pronounced s and sh in mostly vocals is what you would perceive as sibilance.

LOL, its hard to belive those taxes exist sometimes, when the kubas get to my place ill let you know, couse i will problably need help eith the settings

1 Like

Learning how to EQ is handy, especially if you’re planning on using one headphone. Here’s a basic tutorial to get a general idea. If you need more assistance in the future you can PM.

2 Likes