Need help deciding first endgame headphone

Calling something silly that you have not experienced first hand is well… rather silly and disingenuine if you ask me. Also genralizing all high end headphones together under the same banner is BS.

I feel like you have some kinda of weird opinion on this notion that music is supposed to make a headphone sound better, but really it’s the opposite. headphones make music sound better or different depending on who you ask :rofl: . That’s why we buy them and it’s not about some arbitrary number that you can quantify or label. It’s all about preference and what it makes you feel. The experience. The moment you try to put a percentage or number on something is the point that the hobby stops becoming fun and in this case you are entitled to your opinion and views but… I’m not gonna even bother replying to the rest of this post as it is just nonsensical ranting that has no place in this thread in my opinion.

@Magic_Bullet sorry that your thread got derailed into this. I will try to get it back on track now.

Between the two the empyrean will probably be the most forgiving for what source gear you have currently. The Diana will be much more demanding and picky with what you feed it. That’s not to say that the empyrean won’t improve with a better amp/dac becasue it will.

honestly I would recommend in maybe scaling back your headphone budget and spend some of that money on a better amp and dac to compliment what headphone you will get better. Also jumping straight to high end is rarely a good idea since you really need to build up expereince and listening skills to really appreciate it, not to mention preference is something worth taking the time to figure out. This hobby is all about the journey :smiley:

4 Likes

Calling something silly that you have not experienced first hand is well… rather silly and disingenuine if you ask me. Also genralizing all high end headphones together under the same banner is BS.

Why is that? Am I supposed to go out and buy every dumb idea that some goof turns into a product? Fact is both of these companies are demonstrably incapable of producing a product that could actually compete with the likes of Sennheiser on anything other than statements like yours that are always along the lines of: “Don’t judge until you’ve heard it!!” Sounds a lot like the days when people used to buy a Ferrari because of the “passionate sound” the engine made. Ok, if paying one million dollars for an engine sound is what you want to do have fun with that I guess. Same is true of these overpriced headphones. It’s the same plastic jank and neodymium magnets as everything else there is literally no reason they should sound even a little bit better than a Sennheiser HD600. If these companies were legit they wouldn’t be trapped in a niche selling plastic fantastic jank at massively inflated prices. BTW Ferrari in the 1980’s were basically a go-kart with a fiberglass body kit bolted on top. It’s not even a real car by today’s standard but people paid 1 million dollars for it… Go figure. Now that they’re making “real cars” suddenly the prices have dropped and they went mainstream, probably because the lie was over. Half of them are probably VW’s under all that fancy bodywork now. LOL. But hey they patented “ferrari red” so I guess that makes it worth it.

Anyway, I just have to laugh at anyone buying these $3,000 headphones what do you think they can really do differently that makes any sense? It’s just like with Ferrari, the real companies have super cars on lock down now that they decided to build them, that is why Chevy can make the mid-engine Corvette for $60,000, it’s a real company not a fly by night joke!

Wake up people! There is nothing these poor losers at Meze, Focal, or Abyss can do better than Sennheiser. Meze Audio for instance, god bless them, but they make 5 million a year and have 22 employees counting the janitor. Look, believe what you want but they’re not making a headphone tangibly better than an HD660s, end of story. At best they made one almost as good at 10x the price and gave it a fancy name.

The same is true for Tesla, you know their cars actually suck royally but people buy them anyway because people are idiots. You’d be safer in a Ford Focus than a $150,000 Tesla. But hey, believe what you want, believe the lie, I don’t really care… I just think it is funny to talk about it and watch people pop up to eagerly rush to the defense of all the stupidity…

If it is incredibly stupid to believe that all high end headphones are amazing without experience with them, then it is also equally brain damaged to believe that they are all garbage without experience with them.

8 Likes

believe what you want but I dont think the 660 is worth it’s MSRP and at the price they sell at its kinda mid. cause I think there are headphones that are basically almost as good or just as good for cheaper. But you know mist of this hobby is subjective…

1 Like

If it is incredibly stupid to believe that all high end headphones are amazing without experience with them, then it is also equally brain damaged to believe that they are all garbage without experience with them.

LOL. No it isn’t. That isn’t how capitalism works. A true capitalist would work to increase profits. But they can’t for one simple fact, if they tried to beat Sennheiser they would get raped.

The only option these losers have is to sell shiny objects with fancy names at absurdly high prices and hope a few people buy into it… lol.

believe what you want but I dont think the 660 is worth it’s MSRP and at the price they sell at its kinda mid. cause I think there are headphones that are basically almost as good or just as good for cheaper. But you know mist of this hobby is subjective…

Like I said, the HD660s is for an insanely obsessed person, it is not a value proposition in the slightest. And the unfortunate thing for most people like yourself is that you will not have worked to build the system required to make them sound good. That is the whole thing I was referring to in my previous postings, but I already knew you would be confused by it. And I don’t care either.

How would you know it’s fact without trying them?

1 Like

I’m not saying they sound bad. I just think other things sound better especially for my taste in music and my ears we are all built different aren’t we?.

Just curious what would be an adequate source chain for them?

I’m not saying they sound bad. I just think other things sound better especially for my taste in music and my ears we are all built different aren’t we?.

Yeah, some people are suckers who buy $3000 plastic headphones, that is unique and different. And who wants to hang those giant heavy fuckers on their heads anyway?

And for a person like you what are the system requirements to make then sound good?

And for a person like you what are the system requirements to make then sound good?

Having a good ear for what you like. All headphones can be tuned with proper equipment and not having to spend an arm and a leg. Also, learning to hear what is being given… and to truly understand what is not given… usually just garbage.

But yeah buy the 3k headphones! They’re plastic! LMAO.

which 3k headphones are you talking about? need to know so i can avoid them, hate plastic too ngl :lying_face:

What would be an example of a system that has good synergy with the sennheisers?

What do you happen to run with your Sennheisers and deem worthy of making the 660 good with your preferences?

For reference this is what I deemed worthy of my 30i’s made them sound more enjoyable than the last 660 I heard

Can we all try and keep this on topic please :+1: and @HiHamsterLuna we have threads for you…

and

3 Likes

Focal Utopia.
have gone though 2 with creaky ghetto headband and FOCAL has the Clear for 1/2 the money and better sound unless you love sharp harmonics on vocals and anything with lots of energy in treble

Hifiman HE1000se
$3,500 for a set with less sound quality than another HiFiman that is at worst 1/2 the cost or sometimes 1/6th…the HE6se. Measures by most as bieng an idea/safe tuning depending on the reviewers style

Both of these models are quite picky with the source chain, but can also scale very high.

I’ve heard both models and it can sound underwhelming and exactly how you describe it until you feed it the right source gear.

1 Like

Only a moron idiot comemierda fool would buy a HD660 when the HD58x is more cheaper and the same. IMO.

:slight_smile:

1 Like