Need help for Full audio setup for $1000 AUD/ ~$700 USD

Think ablut when you Buy on Massdrop or Usa and ship them must be payed custom fees.And other Countrys to.
So when possible and you have decide about the Beyerdynamic it propose in your Country are better for you as ship from other Countrys.
For sure when is not possible to buy it in your country you must evuluate it and must buy it from them Country.

Sounds good. When you decide to pick one up let me know what you think.

Just asking, are the 58x and dt990 the same price in the us?

the 58x are around $150 and 990s depends on their ohms but they go for a maximum of $200

So it would be more worth to get the dt990? Since they are both 300 aud

Completely preference based man. I already stated the differences here. I can’t say whether ones worth it over the other due to the two being of very different signatures. I love the dt 990 but it’s definitely not for everyone. For casual and music I would definitely point someone to the 58x before I would point to an 880 or 990 as I think balanced frequency headphones suit that area more however in terms of comfort the beyers win handsdown.

990s I only recomend if I know the person is tolerant and likes treble. 58x I recommend because its balanced and tygrs I recommend for someone due to beyers extreme brightness in their headphones which tygrs are an incredibly good entrance into beyerdynamic

I would sooner tell you to buy a 58x or tygr 300r than I would a 990. Unless the contingency was that the 990 had a return policy of which then I would say theres no harm in trying them.

1 Like

How different is the 250 ohm and 600? My friend has the 250.

250 ohm is a lot sharper and less refined. heres some frequency response for them. Starting with the 250 ohm dt 990

vs the 600 ohm below

Go with 600 ohms if you can afford it and have the amp to power them. 600 ohm has smoother treble and not as peaky or sibilant alongside more bass and less recessed mids

And if I am planning to buy the dt990 it will off Amazon, not to sure about their return policy

I return stuff to amazon all the time… Though I don’t know their international policies you should be alright.

An au site sells it for 30 aud more, but has a 21 day money back, so might just go with that bc the one on Amazon is shipped from US and I Don’t think there are free returns

That sounds decent enough. It wouldn’t hurt for you to try the headphone itself and decide if it’s worth it to you. If not just send it back but keep that mental note on what you didn’t enjoy in the particular headphone as that will give you a general idea on your own personal preference in sound.