Need help for Full audio setup for $1000 AUD/ ~$700 USD

Straighten the wire out, force it to stay that way, and keep it that way for a couple days. Should be pretty straight afterwards less you tangle it up again of which just repeat the process.

Well the pro edition has a coiled cable while the premium aka Edition(this is the only one that has the 600 ohms for 990s) has a pretty decent straight cable Length of 3m, it doesn’t feel very cheap. Not detachable unfortunately, however you can mod one in pretty easily if you know how as the method is the same as the dt 880s.

For a modmic USB or wireless cost as much as a xlr setup. Thinking of the q2u as a mic and um2 but I’m not sure how to set it up so it’s out of the way and doesn’t block my view. Also can you send a link for the cable replacement mod. Thanks

Sort of but shouldn’t be. Keep in mind the boom arm, pop filter, microphone, potential cable purchases, and audio interface will all add up real fast.

The reason I brought up the Q2U is it’s one of the only entry levels that came to mind for someone just getting into this particular setup. It’s great for those on a bit of a tight budget since it’s not only an xlr but a usb dynamic microphone meaning you could just plug it into your system by the usb cable and be good to go without need of the interface therefore allowing you to put money towards the rest of the setup over time. UM2 is the bottom bare bones, a good audio interface that will power quite a bit would be around the $100 margin and the same thing goes for a great sounding microphone will be in that same price margin. XLR microphone setups are the more expensive gamer microphone option but they give the best voice quality.

this is one of the ones on this site. You could always just create a post asking people with help with it, google it as it’s actually really common, pay someone to mod it for you, or buy one that already has the modifications done which some do for balanced detachable cabling.

there has been a couple posts like this wandering around the site. Feel free to ask around yourself for help with it.

1 Like

Then I’ll probably just get the q2u on it’s own, and upgrade when I want to, since the mic is cheaper than other USB mics.

That’s how I started. Do keep in mind that consoles may be a bit more finicky in this case so you may need the audio interface anyway, unlikely that this will be an issue though. Should be alright with that till later on. Just make sure you have good return policies just incase.

I have finally found an au site that sells the sm48lc with the on/off switch. So pretty much set on getting that.

Hello,
Regarding headphones and microphones.
Look here:
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/kopfhorer-headsets.html

I don’t think Team Tygr is bad, or the Creator Pro.
The price is also quite good.
I used the Dt 770 Pro here in 32 ohms and for gaming and was quite good, meanwhile it is somewhere when I lie lazily on the sofa and look at the iPad. :slight_smile:
The Hifiman He 4xx I advise you from nothing is to gamble.
because the Dt770 goes better.

Alternatively, the MMx 300 is only a Dt 770 with a microphone.
There is also the custom game from Beyerdynamics which is quite good and has a slightly adjustable sound, which I also have here is very comfortable and has a good micro, and the sound is passable but not entirely on Dt 770 level.

Otherwise I would have said Dt700 pro with the Mackie EM Usb.
But I do not know whether the Mackie is recognized on the Playstation or Xbox.
It would be better if you play on consoles and you should have the Ps 4 pro anyway only optically into the Dac. And then the solution to the Micro would be via the 3.5 mm jack on the controller. That’s how I solved it.
It wouldn’t matter on the PC, it recognizes everything.
I would have proposed the Topping E 30 with the Asgard 3 as a DAc. Because the setup would be future-proof if you should opt for a music headphone and don’t have to tweak the setup. And the resale value is also quite good.
Otherwise Schitt offers a pure gaming dac you can have a look at the Schiit page, which is called Hel or Fulla. I personally do not like the mini USB ports.
https://www.schiit.com/products/hel

Otherwise, as a pure Dac / amp, the Fostex Hp A 3 would not be wrong with its 5 volt USB voltage, which works driverless everywhere.

1 Like

If you consider my budget, the Asgard is 800$ aud, so that’s already 80% of my budget

Brung this up already though he wants a more towards competitive type of headphone. Mentioned that if brightness is a concern that this is a solid alternative. The problem with the mic here is that it’s a condensor microphone not a dynamic meaning it will pick up background noise if you aren’t in a very quiet environment.

Debatable as they sound pretty different in my opinion. DT 770 is very u shaped or v shaped while he4xx is a bit of an aggressive neutral bright type of headphone. Though hifiman has a lot of quality control problems and the comfort in my opinion isn’t as great as the beyers.

I would sooner point to the Custom Studio as the sound on the custom game pro plus leaves much to be desired imo. Not very good and I would sooner point straight to the dt 770 as well in this regard or a completely different headphone. When I auditioned the custom one pro plus I was met with quit a bit of compression and the mic was fairly sub par though build quality was nice it just doesn’t sound very good to me at all in comparison to other beyers it was very lackluster.

this is another condensor microphone which I don’t suggest for loud environments and the recommendation for a dt770 the bass rumble will definitely get in your way alongside a lot of people don’t like the ever present brightness for the dt 770 as it can be found very sibilant without a proper setup.

I recommended this as well as it’s an extremely good setup but it may be out of his budget. I would switch that e30 out for a modius though due to people stating the modius can dial back treble so for sharp headphones like the beyers this could be seen as more ideal.

Fulla is weaker hel is much more powerful and sounds better like I stated previously.

I think I would prefer headphones for music more than gaming but I want footsteps to be somewhat accurate

That’s an xlr microphone do keep in mind you want an audio interface. However, the shure is still pretty solid… another great entry level

The tygr is still an incredibly accurate headphone. It has laser accurate imaging and a incredibly large soundstage. The trade off here is unlike the dt 880 and the dt 990 this is a warm headphone with very close to neutral treble it sounds fantastic without the ever present brightness… I did post my review on it so to save myself from writing a huge book report on it please relay to that for my opinion on it. I do feel that if someone just doesn’t like the brightness of the dt 880 or especially the dt 990 then definitely look at the Tygr 300 R, and yes the bundle if you have a quiet environment but only if that’s the case.

1 Like

Is there a headphone that’s in-between the tygr and dt990? Don’t want that much bass and you are saying the dt990 might be too bright

Well, lets see. Tygr is more towards warm and neutral but have a lot of bass. DT 990 is extremely sharp very bright very bassy. DT 880 is like the tygrs over there in being more towards netural but is opposite of warm as the bass is toned back and treble is raised with close to neutral mids this is probably the middle ground between the two of them I just don’t like how the sound lacks body. DT 770 on the other hand is very bassy and bright but not as recessed in the mids as the 990s. Alternatives to these would be… lets see… Beyerdynamic Custom Studio closed back and in terms of frequency fairly close to the tygrs more of a bass is slightly raised as well as treble and the other alternative is the DT 880 Black Special Edition which is more of a medium between 880 and 990 since this version has more bass and a bit more of a treble roll off though 250 ohms and doesn’t sound as refined in comparison to it’s 600 ohm counterparts

If you are on the fence about it perhaps trying one of these… it should give you a prime example of what beyerdynamic headphones tend to sound like just make sure they are returnable. If beyer isn’t your choice simply go to the Sennheisers.

Keep in mind there is no “best” choice here. It’s going to completely depend on you and your own preferences. I can’t really make the decision call for you only give you advice based on my own opinion much like others here

Bass isn’t particularly a bad thing… I don’t think any of the beyers are bad by any means but they are definitely preference based. You can also dial back their bass presence with an equalize on the PC using PEACE apo and they do respond well. However, things such as lacking in body like the dt 880 or that very airy ethereal like presence that the dt 990 has are just part of the headphone.

Doesn’t have to be beyer btw. I think I might have a chance to try them on a few days since I will be going out

Well, at this point I would say best bet is to try them for yourself. The beyers are nice but they are brighter headphones if you want more balanced sound though just go with a sennheiser like I mentioned. Really nice headphones and incredibly well rounded.

If we are talking about Sennheiser, which ones do you recommend? The 58x isn’t delivered from drop to aus rn but pretty sure it’s temporary and the only site that sells it, sells it for 300 aus. Not to sure about the shipping costs from drop

58x is actually really nice. Like I said though it’s main drawback in my opinion is the skull crushing headclamp, it’s an easy fix though you stretch it on it’s box or a foam block or you can also grab and put pressure on the metal band to bend it more to your head size. Outside of that the pads are rather thin but you can always change to a thicker pad if that bothers you.

So my recommendations here would be somewhere in the 500 series for the budget friendly recommendations. HD 558 is the more bassy headphone of the series and you have the HD 598 and HD 599 while virtually almost completely identical to my knowledge are less bassy and more balanced in their sound but have a larger soundstage than the 58x jubilee. If you are okay with a smaller more linear soundstage though the Massdrop 6xx is really nice too which is their version of the HD 650 which is another really good headphone but in terms of the 6xx it can be bought alongside a balanced cable from drop making it even more nice to have. Then you have the HD 600 which is pretty nice but pretty pricey and lastly the HD 660 S which is the most expensive but sounds the best in my opinion. Budget wise though the HD 598/599 are fantastic the problem is they were discontinued though you can find them on places like ebay and other sources for like $100 - $150 easy. These also are detachable cable by a 2.5mm single end meaning you can buy a 2.5mm attachable boom microphone if you really want to budget making them even nicer. If you know streamers by name one of the more popular streamers you may know as Markiplier actually uses the HD598 during his streams it really is a fantastic all rounder for a more balanced sound and used to be one of those headphones gamers swore by outside of the dt 880, ad 700x, and k702

Shipping is around 15$ so I will just wait for the 58x to be able to be delivered to au. Would you recommend the jds atom over the magni?

Ah so your going to go with the Sennheisers then? Alright then. So, the thing about the 58x jubilee is that it does not need a lot of power at all to be driven. In fact that headphone actually runs on my phone while it doesn’t get extremely loud it’s still good enough, so you may not even need an amp. Either amp will do you just fine in this case. I am very partial to the Magni 3+ still but atom is still a very nice clean sounding amp.

When I first got the 58x jubilee I didn’t have my amp. I had an old $20 sound card plugged into my pc. Sure enough while my pc, it has a terrible audio codec, couldn’t run it loud that $20 sound card made it extremely loud. Though I would still recommend grabbing an amp for future headphone purchases.

1 Like

I’ll give it a week, if the 58x still doesn’t deliver to aus, might just get the dt 990.