Need help looking for an upgrade from the Fiio BTR5

I am just looking for an upgrade to the fiio btr5 that would be like around $200 to $250. Only requirements are it’s bluetooth and has to have a balanced output doesn’t matter if it’s 2.5 or 4.4. I plan on using this for both desktop and on the go. More for iems then headphones. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

1 Like

TBH, if the BTR5 powers the stuff you have, you will probabaly need to step a bit higher to get any real benefit.

I would be willing to go up to $300 but that would be as far as I can go for now. If you have anything in mind that is around $300

1 Like

If you have very demanding headphones you can step up to an xd-05+BT module bit it won’t realy be a step up in SQ at all. What cans do you already have?

I have the sennheiser pc 37x from drop used only for games. I’m more gonna use this for my iems. I have the fiio fh5, fd5, isn h40, tin t2, tin p1 and shouer tape pro. So I don’t necessarily need a lot of power. Also it doesn’t have to be bluetooth anymore. I’m willing to wire it up to my phone if it means I get better sound out of it

1 Like

Dead honest man, btr5 is the best sound for the money. Especialy for iems that don’t need more power.

I’ll wait then until something that beats the btr5 comes out then. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

For $300, you could get something like the Hiby R5 DAP, which would give you more power and quite a bit more usability. If you’re willing to plug it into your phone as mentioned, you could consider something like the Lotoo Paw S1 for a bit of a bump in quality, but not necessarily power. I’ve personally only heard the R5 so can’t speak direct comparison, but others may be able to jump in and correct any errors in my assumption that sonic performance order would be something like R5>Paw S1>BTR5, assuming all can adequately power what you’re plugging in.

1 Like

The r5 is one I forgot about, but tbh, the step up is just so much higher putting that money towards new cans or saving up a bit further im not sure its worth it personaly. IMO, saving the $300 now and getting some used high end mid-fi cans or IEMs will give a significantly larger sonic improvement than jumping from a BTR5 to an R5 would

Hm, I’ll think about it but for now I’ll wait a little longer and once I decide on what to do and if I get something I’ll come back and give an update. I appreciate the advice.

1 Like