Need Help picking a new pair

Hello, I a bit new to the world of great sounding headphones and audio. Out of recommendations I am picking up a 789 and SMSL SU-8 v2 and whenever they get to me they get to me. I was wondering in the mean time, what would be some great pairs of headphones to pick up in the mean time based on everyone’s experience. I currently own ATH-AD 1000x and I love the sound stage on these. I am looking for something that would be a direct upgrade in sound stage and a pair that gives me a different sound and feel in terms of narrowness and clarity if that makes sense. Thank you!

Well, the AD1000x has a pretty unique sound signature and presentation, so I mean technically the AD2000x is an upgrade, but they are pretty close imo. The hifiman ananda has boosted high end and is less intimate, but is able to recreate an interesting sound scape. I don’t know what would be a direct upgrade from the AT’s though. Actually perhaps check out the Sendy Aiva, since it is also intimate, great high end. Otherwise I can’t think of something off the top of my head

Edit: sorry I didn’t really realize what you were asking

for soundstage obviously the Sennheiser 800s
maybe as interesting sidegrade the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 - which was my next planned purchase(small update over my 1990s) before auditioning the Ananda
now I could get a T1 Gen2 for 350€ used … still debating with myself
Think I will skip this chance and keep saving up for the Ananda - I had only 1time the chance to audition it, so before I spend the money I will have another look at them or other similar candidates