Need Speaker Amp to power Mission 760i Speakers. Best choices?

Hello,

So I am trying to run a pair of Mission 760i Bookshelf Speakers (6 Ohms, 75 W). I need to get a Power Amp that can power the speakers that will have audio signals from a EVGA NUAudio Sound Card with the AKM AK4493 DAC Chip (32bit/384Khz) via RCA.

Mission 760i Speakers Stats:

• Enclosure Type: 2 way bass reflex
  • Drivers: 1 x 130mm bass/midrange | 1 x 19mm dome tweeter
  • Frequency response: 70Hz to 20kHz ±2.5dB
  • Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
  • Sensitivity: 89dB
  • Recommended amplifier: 25 to 75 watts

I have a few requirements/preferences for a power amp. It must have RCA outs or a sub out as I will get a powered subwoofer for a 2.1 system. I also prefer Class AB amplifiers over Class D. I am open to used options. I don’t need a volume knob as I will be controlling audio levels through my PC. I also don’t want to spend over $150 (preferably less since any savings on the power amp can be spent on getting a better a sub). Currently, I have had a few options.

1 - Parasound zAmp v3 for ~$120 [45W @ 8 Ohms]
Things I like:

• Small Form Factor for a desk
  • Very good measurements/Clean sound

Things I don’t like:

• Weaker power (though I doubt it will be an issue)

2 - Onkyo M-282 for ~$75 [100W @ 8 Ohms]
Things I like:

• Plenty of power
  • Cheaper

Things I don’t like:

• Measures slightly worse than the zAmp v3
  • Big for a desk setup

Does anyone have any suggestions for which of the two might be better? Does anyone know of other speaker amps at this price range that would fulfill my needs?

Thank you! :smiley:

EDIT: Fixed Formatting, Reworded

The parasound gear is more then plenty and will get the job done for sure. But you will need to get a physical volume control. The zamp is super balanced and really great for it’s size, so I would have no problem recommending them. If you ever needed more power, you could always get another one and run them as monoblocks, but I don’t think you would need to do that

1 Like

I was aware of the lack of volume control. Since I will be controlling the volume via PC on the computer, it won’t be an issue. I feel the same way about the parasound being balanced and great for it’s size. I also really like the feedback online about how well they are made and measure.

EDIT: Rewording

I have a halo a21+ and two 2125v2 and I really like them

1 Like

Haha the 2125 is probably perfect if I could afford it. Maybe someday. I’ve definitely looked at their higher end offerings as potential end-game stuff in the future though I’ve always been told that Crown Amps are the best if you got the money.

Not really unless all you care about is power. The crown are pretty good but imo the parasound amps have more finesse

Edit: of course other brands are the same way besides parasound for higher end power amps

1 Like