Need suggestion for Stereo Amplifier/Receiver

Hi, I’m new to HiFi world and looking to setup 2.0 or 2.1 audio system for music and movies. The points considered for selection are,

1. It will be used for music and movies. Sources would be Mobile phone, Laptop, TV, USB-Drive, DVD player if feature available.
  2. Budget is $1000 but if needed I could spend little more.
  3. Medium sized room (16x16x10 ft.)
  4. I prefer to enjoy music than being critic. I like music that fills me i.e. open sounding with muscle to it and good bass.
  5. My music collection is CD ripped [FLAC and MP3 (360Kbps)]
  6. No vinyl, but Bluetooth is must.
  7. I like Jazz, Blues, Country, and love instruments like Violin, Guitar, Flute.

I don’t have privilege to listen to different system to make an educated decision, because of my current location (India) and corona virus lockdown. Also the products are almost double the price compared to USA.

I have been exploring amplifiers and speakers. As of now, I am kind of leaning to buy Pioneer FS52 or Polk Audio T50 for speakers and IOTAVX SA3 or Yamaha A-S501 for amplifier, but not sure whether it is the right choice or any better option available.

I am open to your suggestions, recommendations, ideas and opinions.

Thanks in advance,
S

Go 2.2

1. MiniDSP HD $209, amazon basic amplifier $127, neumi CS5 $69x2, ELAC SUB1010 $129x2=$732. optional: add prozor dac $14: add topping E30 dac $149: SMSL sankrit dac $139.00, loxjie D30 $169, SMSL remote $15.

2.Yamaha RXV4A $439, neumi CS5 $69x2, ELAC SUB1010 $129x2=$835 optional:HDMI cable $12

3.loxjie D30 $169, amazon basics amplifier X2 (bridged) $129, ELAC SUB1010 $129 × 2= $685.

1 Like

Hello,

The Atoll 80 Se are a good pic.
The Denon pma 600 or the 800ne not bad too.
Something from Nad where good too.

1 Like

Many of components mentioned are new to me. I will look into it. Thanks.

1 Like

Sure thing, if you decide to go the subwoofer route highly recommend dual matching ones.

1 Like

Edit: The amazon basic amplifier CANNOT be run as a bridged monoblock amplifier. Thought you could be it does not.

What you Can do is use it with a active subwoofer, its got RCA out signal.

1 Like

What options do you have as far as brands like KEF, Elac,Klipsh,Marantz?

All online retailers price double for the products. Either I have to import, or have to find a retailer who can deliver for less.

I see miccas elac and jbl on amazon india. But no subs. They want $689 for a bic sub lol way overpriced.

You mentioned IOTAVX hear those are good amps.