🔶 Neumann NDH 30

This is the official thread for the Neumann NDH 30 Open-back Studio Headphones

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: YES
  • Open Back

:red_circle: NEUMAN NDH 30

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Build/Comfort:
Premium build for sure. Mostly made with metal which makes it feel heavy duty. Using the Zeos measurement the earpad opening fits 3 knuckles with a tiny bit of extra room and plenty of depth. The earpad material is a soft velour with a soft non-memory foam padding. It feels similar to the beyerdynamic dt990 gray pads but thicker.

Sound:
Neutral warm tuning thats a bit vocal centric. Its sound signature is pretty similar to the 6XX but with slightly more bass. Good punch in the bass too. More on its FR later.

Soundstage/Imaging/Separation:
Instead of being in your head it’s more in front of you. For vocals, instead of the singer sounding like they’re in your head, they’re now right in front of your face. And instrumentals will take up the space all around you. It’s not an extremely wide stage but noticeably wider than the 6XX, and also has superior imaging to the 6XX as well. Separation seems pretty damn good as well. These can handle extreme metal music quite well.

So far so good.

6 Likes

I am not noticed any mono sound as Z mentioned in his review with the cables.I tried on the ndh30 two cables from ndh 20.One the original other a occ cable.Work both perfectly with the ndh30,specially the ndh30 best with the occ cabel,so i put away his stock cable!

I actually just got these in and I had the same problem… I had to change the cable. Perhaps a defect in manufacturing?

Going to comment on here that this is very accurate to what I am getting with my copy after I changed the weird issue I had with the stock cables. Admittedly though I think I might preferred the closed more than these especially since I can roll portable with them without bothering people lol