Neurobass and Psychedelic Type Bass/Synth Stuff

Ya’ll listen to anythign near this typa stuff?
Which IEM would pair good with something like this:

So far the Oracle MK2 and Xennes Top, and Fiio FH3 are handling it pretty well…not so much for the Fiio, in terms of sub extension and calirty/seperation.

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t have any recommendations, but wonder if you could post some examples of this music you mentioned. some YouTube vid’s?

edit - I see you did put a sample down, but for some reason it didn’t show itself until after I posted my message. can you recommend or share some other artists in this genre?

edit 2 - also, what’s your budget for these and where do you live? need to make sure we suggest things you can actually get. :slight_smile:

Oh man, I could recommend about a thousand artists, honestly.

Tsuruda
Primal Distortion
Kizer
OkayJake
SAGS
Mind Splitter

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t think much of this is on YouTube, spotify, bandcapm and soundcloud is where I get em.
And saving up for a Monarch mk2, I hear it a great all arounder.
I’m looking for clarity, seperation, acoustics, wide-ish soundstage, 3d imaging, awesome mid and sub bass response and decay, highs that twinkle, lows that punch…I’m saving up as we speak, and all of this under a 1k (it’s why I’m searching in the used sections of the internet).

The 3500 meistro looks like a solid one, but I am not willing to spend that much for it.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Electronic with a lot of sub-bass focus with a sprinkling of treble detail. While it didn’t work out for me, the Moondrop Variations would be nice for something like this, but it depends if you want a proper mid-bass slope for other genres. The Maestro Mini is within your price range from FatFreq, so that could be a potential choice. I agree the MK2 is a good all rounder and fixes my gripes w/ the Variations, but it’s a chonker and stages a bit more intimately (making things a bit more cohesive) in my experience YMMV.

Personally, I’d check out the Planar IEMs in the sub-$1K category (S12 Pro, etc.) since they’re really good for gradations in electronic bass and tweaking w/ EQ.

1 Like

You’ve tried the Monarch mk2’s

Yep, I owned them for a bit and did some comparisons with Thieaudio’s Prestige (those are tricky to rec. and they’re not an all-rounder, imo)

I think tribrids are pretty neat, but planars are particularly special for electronic music if we’re talking clarity and sub extension. Even though the S12 (and variants) aren’t as resolving for treble-detail, I prefer it over the Prestige for electronic :V .

1 Like

The $150 s12 pro?
Are you saying they are similar wenough to not spend the extra $900?

Not that they’re similar, but that the s12 pro was more fun for electronic music (like the genre you listed), in my experience. Also, if you’re in the US and have access to Amazon, the currently $135 S12 Pro is easy to return if you don’t like it. If the used Monarch MK2 doesn’t fit your ears or isn’t comfortable, you’ll be trying to (usually) sell at a loss on the used market.

1 Like

Not my listing on Ebay and don’t know the seller but if anyone in the UK is after an og S12 then this one’s circa 90 bucks or offer…
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394509479782?hash=item5bda98ef66:g:PUcAAOSwfuBkDhmn&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAsHitbNWny0IcMC8g2I%2Br18mGRR2fWFiMgl0ikiPfzRVKHBuj6q59n1eCp7Y%2FlhCQreeis79rkZwaMT27BwxgpgDjpsh2yknVVJHhhtqcIPLWTD1%2FSp%2BYkNGGJv9oU7gvF9dR442mpbGTONBSserpQD21V1jr6gVZ8RiCRpnm76OYNF%2Fg7uBxxrjUdYRDztVIaAyMitn9yNAiK3HLb%2BxSTevS8b3tJMveIQemoFRc%2FQu3|tkp%3ABk9SR-aevcvyYQ

1 Like