New Cayin Fantasy IEM

Pic’s but no info yet…

2 Likes

Is it called fantasy because the price is out of most people´s league? :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like a Thummim A8000 cross…price :man_shrugging:

Wonna guess a price for shit’s and gig’s not even knowing the driver config?

Going with circa $1,699 Nio price territory.

Since it looks like it is a single DD, I say 1200 usd.

One or is that two vent holes?..

Looks like 2 and I guess both are the exhaust ports? Would be better if we saw the other side.

As long as they are better thant their first IEM set, the YB04; I have not seen a single positive review of those. My local dealer has a demo unit at 50% off and I still don’t want them.

I actually thought they were pretty decent for the price. Inoffensive, nice mids, fairly detailed. I don’t think they’re worth retail, but at between $200-$300 they seemed solid.

50% off here = $325
They could be a match for my Cayin Dap, in case they were made to fit each other. But so far I have not seen anything to back that thought.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the general consensus seems to be that it’s a good first attempt, and they do some things well, but there are probably better options at full asking price. I’d largely agree with that. They did sound pretty good with the N6ii, btw. These new ones could be interesting if they’ve learned some lessons from the YB04.

1 Like

This is a single DD at $799, out late in April.
That is quite ambitious for the second try into IEMs, especially when the first wasn’t a great success.

2 Likes

yay, I got the driver type right lol.

2 Likes

From headfonics.com how YB04 was named and how the new one is YD01:

The YB acronym is a designated product line branding tool with the words C-A-Y-I-N all studiously ripped apart and applied to unique product categories. The N is for DAPs, the C has been used for portable amps, I for their desktop gear (iHA and iDAC), and the Y is for IEMs. The B stands for ‘balanced armature’ and in this case, 04 is the driver count.

1 Like

And they have reached the stores:

Now I just need some of the right reviewers to do their job and look at this.

2 Likes

Looks kinda like the Moondrop KXXS.

True, they are quite close. But not in price :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

And certainly not in sound either. :joy:

1 Like

Cayin Fantasy Review by Headfonics

2 Likes