New cheap amp, or used decent receiver?

So I am over the moon thrilled with the sound I am getting from my primary headphone setup. However, when I want to share a clip with others in the room, or play a movie on my PC for more than my own personal viewing (like watching a film or tv show with the wife) and similar situations, there is a need for speakers.

Currently, that need is being filled with a “multimedia computer speaker” grade 2.1 setup. Compared to my headphones it sounds thin, tinny, anemic, and like it’s coming from a tube of soup cans.

I am looking into a VERY budget upgrade. If I spend a bit of time checking thrift shops and yard sales in the area, I’ve run across a number of middle aged (not really old enough to call ‘vintage’) stereo receivers and tuner/receivers. Usually the price is pretty attractive (assuming it works), but the form factor is a little large, and I have no idea of the quality of the amp inside (could be great, I just don’t know).

Alternatively, I could go for a cheap chinese power amp like this one;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K7NJ4QN/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATV3LXZ3ZXOW8&psc=1

My question is, which way am I more likely to be happy with the sound? I plan on a pair of Sony SSCS5 bookshelf speakers and a powered sub (possibly the matching SACS9). Is the amp in your typical consumer stereo receiver better than the Fosi audio budget options?

I will be feeding either option from the RCA pre-amp outs on the back of my head amp, which has more than adequate output selection and volume controls.