New Dumb Arse newbie trying to get started

Decisions are a funny thing. No matter which one you make, your happiness in the long term will not be effected. Studies show that second guessing decisions and having the option to “re-choose” is a recipe for misery. Commiting to a decision essentially forces us to cope with it, for better or worse.

So whatever you do, just do it. Get a headphone, use it, enjoy it. Play some games and don’t get caught up on “maybe this other one would have been better in this way”. There is no perfect solution, enjoy the journey

4 Likes

Thank you all, I bought 2 Schiit Hel, and 2 shp9500, the other headphones are on order, the ones with the desk mic, love the sound, Daughter is going to steal my set up so that leaves me thinking what would be the next step up? For both the amp/dac and headphones? As I am going to have to order one more

2 Likes

as far as combos go? I think your fine with the Hel I think if you want better youd be better off getting seperate dedicated units so something like a liquid spark and Topping E30 would be nice depending on the headphone a JDS atom stack would be good too or a Magni 3+ / Heresy plus Topping E30. Shp9500 is good but if you just wanted a step up probably the DT 880 600 ohm $200 range in terms of competitive gaming less you like bass and want more well rounded sound which then would be something like the Tygr 300R or Sennheiser 58x Jubilee

600 Ohm, would the Hel push that?

Schit Hel can power 600 ohms fine. Despite certain belief that you need a nuclear reactor to power them.