New Fiio K5 Pro

If 200$ is inexpensive for you, sure. I wouldn’t mind used audio gears that sell around that much as well.

There’s this website called hifiguides.com :sweat_smile:

If you search for closed-backs not needing an amp you can be damn sure absolutely everything in the list will sound good with a fiio k5 that can output 1 watt, despite the 81dB SNR thing.

If nothing is interesting, click “amp needed” and ask here if the pairing is good.

2 Likes

Does anybody know, is there a difference (in sound) between FiiO K5 vs FiiO K5 PRO accept for that dock on top of K5?

The k5 has less power, worse measurements, and a less up to date dac. I would actually recommend avoiding the older k5, as the k5 pro is a pretty different amp

1 Like

How does this compare to the liquid spark? I see Z compared it to the Enog 2 Pro dac pushing the Atom? Is that sort of acurate?

I was looking at the liquid spark for around $110 and then use the dac of the fx auido in the meanwhile, and then eventually get a better dac. But if the amp is as good as the atom/spark and dac conpares to the enog thats the all in 1 for me.

I think it’s less colored than the liquid spark, but I think they are on a somewhat similar tier

And the dac and implementation are also on point with an external dac?

Very close I would say. I think a atom and d10 stack is worth the extra cost if you don’t mind a stack. The k5 pro is just more bang for the buck imo than that stack though

Resolution and detail compared to the spark?

I think they are actually probably pretty similar tbh. The more transparent sound of the k5 might make it sound like it’s more detailed but in actuality it’s about the same. I would say the spark has a larger soundstage in comparison though (so better spatial qualities)

Thanx MON, appreciate it a lot

Argon MK3 can use this

The Fiio doesn’t power my dt880 600ohm very well, so I’m going to buy a stronger amp that can power my headphones. I’m wondering if I need to buy a dac while im at it aswell or if the Fiio can be used.

I looked at zeos’ review and the line out actually acts as a preout and not being overly experienced in how that might affect things, is this something i should be worried about if im going to get a stronger amp?

Your Fiio was powering your Beyers just fine. What are you looking for in your amp?

The fiio is not powering my Beyers, thats the issue. Gain is maxed and so is volume, and some songs really need more power.

If that is the case, I have been pretty happy with my Asgard 3. It’s great value and should give you plenty of juice.

To answer your original question, you should be able to add your Fiio in the chain to act as a DAC. I’ve done this before with different products, but it should work the same.

You would go PC --> Fiio (off) --> amp (on). Make sure your computer sound settings is selected to the Fiio.

ok awesome ty

This thing doesn’t even come up when searching for it on amazon anymore. Did fiio just decide not to make more of these? Curious if anyone has any info. Fiio seem to just not make any more of their 5 series models like the a5 and now k5 pro.

Looks like it’s discontinued.

Still available here: