New Fiio K5 Pro

damn, I don’t think they even ran the k5 pro for a full year. Wonder what happened.

hopefully they come out with a fiio k5 pro k

Actually the K5 is discontinued but not the K5 Pro? :man_shrugging:

It still looks like it’s discontinued.

Looking at FiiO’s site it doesn’t seem to be discontinued.
About availability on amazon, back when I bought mine I had to watch the product page constantly because when it became available it would sell out in minutes and amazon hides some unavailable products.

1 Like

its probably just high demand and supply chain not meeting demand. kinda like schiit in EU constantly sold out

This definitely makes more sense. K5 Pro is a neat little thing.

It seems i might be able to make a deal on a Fiio K5 pro, and i was thinking of swapping out my schiit modi3/magni3 to a one box setup. I am however not sure if it will be a good move regadring sound quality as i have never heard it myself, any thoughts?

Also, the line out, is it a fixed “volume” line out, or is it variable (like a pre amp) with the volume knob? (that would be less ideal as i use an integrated amp, the Denon pma-600ne, in that setup and would like to control the volume with the integrated amp, not the “dac”)

The stupid thing is, they wrote “line out”, but it’s a “pre out” (variable, with the volume knob).
Line out is supposed to mean 100% volume and not variable.
Pre out is supposed to mean variable, controlled with a knob on the device.

1 Like

Thanks!

That confirmed my suspicion… The web store i looking at state line out, but later they where pretty ambiguous about the effect of the volume knob :stuck_out_tongue:

It might sound better/different than my schiit stack, but for me “pre out” is not a good solution, so i’ll pass on the offer i had… also, looking at what it costs else where it wasn’t that good an offer anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like