New Focal Elex or used Focal Clears

No, the point is, instead of buying two or three shitty headphones, you save that money and get something actually good.

Well Shit. They are coming next week…

lol i don’t really consider it wasting my money if I enjoyed the headphone. I will still likely listen to my 4xx and 6xx as well as a few other of my budget cans even well after I get the clears in, I like variety.

Also if I get tired of any of them I can always recoup cost by selling on the used market, so not really a big loss when i factor in enjoyment had.

I mean I still have cheaper headphones that I enjoy a fair bit along with higher end ones. The fun is in the journey, it’s not as fun as when you start near the top

3 Likes

that would be a compelling argument if any of his headphones were actually shitty though

4 Likes

Wow. So many clears being purchased this week

1 Like

Is that a bad thing lol?

Yeah, for me I’ve found even though I’ve sort of moved to pricier headphones, I do still end up listening to my 6xx quite often because of how natural they sound to me, compared to my more expensive plannars

Of course not. #blameM0N🛡️ though

1 Like

So, you saw my post did you? … lol #blameMon

mine arrive Monday according to FedEx

2 Likes

So I have a questions for everyone. If I own the Clears, I’m thinking this will be my endgame dynamic Open Backs. Do I really need to own the 6XX or 58X

Also I originally wanted some close backs before I found the deal on the Clears. What are a good set of close backs

for the same price, the aeon 2 closed is my current pick imo. Depends on preference though

thats all up to you my guy. give everything a thorough listen.

Obviously you don’t NEED them.
If you start listening to valve amps something in the 600/650/6xx line is worth owning.
I’m not a huge fan of them on Solid State.

3 Likes

No, once you hear how good your music can sound, you’d have to be into BDSM to pay money to hear it worse.

6xx and 58x would be a bit redundant (except for tube amps), IMO. You could go with the Elegia if you wanted a closed back version of the Focals and wanted something with similar tuning… but a better option would probably be the Aeon 2 closed. I think they would be more complimentary to the Clears.

1 Like

Welcome to the club

Thanks! I’m really excited