New HD600 Redesign Impressions?

Huh true, then I guess they mold the plastic already black, that way they don’t add more mass to the design, then again, you also have to take in consideration light absorbency of colors. Depending of the colors, different frequencies of light are absorbed thus adding either a higher or lower energy state to the headphone from said absorption, causing the drivers to heat up in different ways at different times causing certain frequencies to be experienced differently due to the difference in the expansion and contraction of the driver diaphragm. There should be a measurement for that in order to maintain a sense of truthiness to the sound.

1 Like

Zeos painted his yellow and didnt seem to have any complaints of change of sound

1 Like

Has anybody considered the fact the brand new pads on a new HD600 are what sounds different? Sennheiser pads wear and break in pretty quickly.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that too I guess, although I still think there’s something about the new paint job that changes the sound . . .

Srsly tho, I think I need to buy a new pair of pads for my HD600s, they’re getting a bit flat. I’m thinking either getting authentic original pads (Since they won’t change the sound negatively, since they’re essentially brand new stock pads), or Dekoni Hybrid Pads, which I’ve heard are pretty dang close to the original sound, albeit quite pricey. I think I can buy 2-3 pairs of the original pads for the price of the Hybrids, idk, I haven’t checked the prices recently.

Any Pad Recommendations?

Stock is the only pads to buy. The dekoni pads all change the soundstage, making the soundstage much more narrow. It just didnt ever sound right to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, besides I can probably buy some spare stock pads for the price of a Dekoni. I really like the sound of the HD600s with stock pads so I’ll probably buy some when get the cash.

Edit: NVM, I think the price went up for the pads, I think they were 22 bucks when I saw them on Amazon a few weeks ago, now they’re 50 Bucks. Jebuz Chris.

Everyone should try the HD600. The family line HD580 - HD600 - HD650 - HD660 is pretty much the foundation of Sennheiser’s reputation and standing. It is remarkable that after all these years the 600 and 650 remain excellent choices. Although they feel a bit low rent and not especially premium thet are extremely durable and reliable headphones which will probably outlive most of the more premium feeling alternatives.

2 Likes