New Headphone recommendation $300

Thank you very much for that detailed answer!

Ive been reading a lot about hifi-man headphones. I guess, in that price category, they can’t compete with the dt 1990 then?

The 1990 is one of the best in the 450-500 range new. It’s just solid all around if you aren’t too treble sensitive

Okay I thik I will try to scout for a Dt 1990 then,

Another question (sorry for spamming): Im planning on buying a DAC. I first decided for the Khadas Tone Board but after some reading I’m thinking about purchasing the Topping D10, mainly because it comes with a box etc.

Are there significant differences between these two DACs? Do you maybe own them?

I have heard the d10, but never have heard the tone board, but people often praise it, so you might have to look for a comparison

May i ask, what your opinion on the d10 is? Or if you know another one thats maybe better in the 100$-150$ range? You seem to have great knowledge, thats why I am replying to you so much…sry

1 Like

Np

The topping is just a great value. It measures well, is simple and workes easily, and sounds great. Dacs don’t make that big of a difference compared to other components like amps, and more importantly the headphones, iems, or speakers. I think you need to pass the $200 range for a dac only to really notice a difference. As long as you get something clean, which the d10 is, there really isn’t any need to spend more in this price range

1 Like

The d10 could honestly be a endgame DAC, it’s that good. The only reason you would ever need something more expensive would be if you went balanced or needed different or more inputs/outputs.

You can rest easy knowing that the d10 is really good for the price and is built exccelent as well.

1 Like

Thank you for all the answers! I’ll buy the d10 an try to catch a dt 1990.

This thread was really helpful!

1 Like

Sorry if I’m hijacking this thread again. I just have one more question for you. I have a really good offer for a DT1990.

What, in your opinion, brings the most progess in a headphone set up. The headphone itself or a dac+ amp.

Im thinking about returning the DAC+AMP and upgrade these later on.

The headphones’s themselves for sure. The headphones are almost always going to make the bigger improvement

2 Likes

Thank you, thats was the last hint for me. You’ve all helped me a lot!

2 Likes