New headphones the next day

Am i the only one experiencing this? When i get headphones i listen to them for about 3 hours or so. Then i put them away. when i pick them up the next day they sound much much better. Something about only 3 hours burn in and then letting them sit for 24 hours makes them sound really good lol. it is just my imagination?

1 Like

Well it’s more that you are getting used to the sound, whatever works for you lol. It’s mostly going to be in your head, perhaps you are just conditioning yourself on how you adapt to the sound

2 Likes

I believe the term is “nocte, prædictas Fatales” it describes a sudden and inexplicable change in anything for no particular reason.

This is def a real and actual thing

I swear to gaben and half life 2.5

1 Like

I think we have different mental states when we first get something. When we let it sit for a day come back to it the next day with a clearer mindset the resulting sound becomes different as our mental state is different.

2 Likes

I’m more hot and cold than that, get on my level lol. I listen to them, like or love. 6 hours later of no listening, listen to them hate them and convince myself I’m happier with my other stuff. Following days I finally pick it up again and love it only to love it or hate it based on the day. That’s the story of my 4xx, everything else I’ve finally reached a consistant point of love lol. This morning actually been listening to alot of stuff, a Mexican very instrument heavy album and alot of modern classical music so im currently in the LOVE spectrum for the 4xx but hating myself

1 Like

I think tmyou got it perfectly. The next day you are definitely in a clear mindset. Enough time off it to be neutral. Same thing with music, whether I feel it or not I listen to the album again the following day after putting it to rest in order to see if I truly like something

No it is not your imagination. This happens all the time with people with all sorts of headphones. The Koss KSC75 sounded off to me at first since I don’t listen to a lot of bright headphones, but once I got used to the signature I loved them. Same goes for the Nighthawk Carbon I have, and the 1More Tridents. Happened with the DT770 250 ohm too.
It is just your brain adjusting to a new sound, and it takes time and patience, like many things, and sometimes a break is good.

1 Like

Careful, your nighthawk carbon cult is bleeding out to the other posts, you might start converting more followers. Lol

1 Like

I will give the opportunity to any who want to join our cult.

Lol. I started reading that thread recently due to the increase in traffic over there, and tbh I was tempted, but I had to make the choice between them and a deal on the RNHP.

1 Like

RNHP is amazing from what I hear. Maybe the Nighthawk Carbon will be next…