New IEM for $100

Ddhifi. I own one. Built like a tank!!

https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/737346.html

If you have a bigger budget, something like qudelix 5k

can you sort / order these from best to least in relation to which would do orchestral / instrumental / classical music the best?

you knowā€¦good, gooder, best, bestest?

They were just a suggestion list for the op to look at/consider not my personal experience list :+1:

Theres no bestest better ever in this hobby. Itā€™s about preferences and libraries. Everyone is trying to find his mojo :slight_smile:

indeed, but the public consciousness often finds things that the can mostly agree upon, hence products get reputationsā€¦ like the HD600 being good for orchestral / instrumental / classical music and especially so on a OTL tube amp.

ā€¦or, even as contentious ad it is, how the harmon frequency response is gaining momentum as a performance benchmark.

I was looking to see whether any of the mentioned IEMs have shown this to be true of them. :slight_smile:

I will be buying the mele. What are some nice things to get the best out of them.

I might skip the Aria. Mine just didnā€™t hold up, the connectors were loose at 2 months and shorting before 4, and they didnā€™t leave my desk. I donā€™t have a good impression of recent Moondrop QC and manufacturing. The cable connectors were the common issue on the Aria, and it seems like they still havenā€™t fixed it, and the DOA reports seemed to go up for months. Also the stock cable sucks, so it is an $80 IEM that needs a cable upgrade.

Mele is a 100% agree

While I am hearing great things about that Tin T3+, and the KZ ZEX Pro, have either made it past the reviewers yet, and into the hands of normal people just listening to music? I think the T3+ is a yes, but the ZEX Pro is a no at this point. OG ZEX got more hype than it deserved, but only because of the under $25 thing.

Etymotic ER2XR is recommended a bunch. I canā€™t stand the Etymotic fit, but to each their own.

2 Likes

I donā€™t own any of these IEMs but Aria has been compared to Oxygen a lot and Oxygen is great for orchestral, classical music.

Iā€™m waiting for my ZEX Pro

1 Like

quite the price difference between the Oxygen and Aria, almost 4x the cost. :face_with_monocle: :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

True. What I meant to say is that out of the three I would pick the Aria because it can give you an idea of this tuning for $80.

1 Like

If you can add 30$ more. You can get T-Force Yuan Li or TRI starsea with a type-c Apple dongle.

If below 100$ is the only option. Then T3+, Aria, Legacy 2, Mele are all great sets IMO.

I always forget about that one. I almost bought the Legacy 3 around the time I got the Starfield. It sort of fell off the radar when the Starfield and Aria took that around $100 spotlight. Thieaudio really moved into their own place with Clairvoyance and Oracle, in more upscale price brackets.

2 Likes