New member saying hello to everyone!

New member here, I´m an Uruguayan living in São Paulo (Brazil) since Dec. 2018.
Tech aficionado, I´ve been working all my life in audiovisual production and post-production but my real (discovered) passion is photography (check my website)
I´m an entry level sound explorer.
Just bought a Massdrop Hifiman HE-4xx (bought it today second hand) and waiting for my first portable DAC/AMP a Fiio BTR5. I also have a pair of IEM Tin Hifi T2 and a SHURE SRH440 (for video editing).
In the past I used a Denon AVR-2113 and some vintage SANSUI gear my father owned with a pair of SENNHEISER HD515.
Really interesting stuff right here and lots of knowledge. Thank you all.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum, sounds like an awesome setup :+1:

Hopefully you enjoy your time here, and don’t get too addicted lol

1 Like

Welcome would love to hear what you think about that combo. also make sure to give the he 4xx’x a little bit of time before deciding on how they sound they require a little bit of time to reach it’s full potential

1 Like

Welcome friend!

1 Like

Ey up mate and welcome

1 Like

Yes, I´ve read that requires burn-in to get it´s full potential. I´ve bought it second hand with a year of use. The Fiio is on its way from china… couldn´t test both of them right now…
Thanks for the welcome!

Do you have a 2.5 mm balanced cable for the btr5? It will give you more power to your 4xx which will benefit it

With the BTR5 I got a balanced cable for the T2´s.
I´m getting one for the Hifiman for sure.
Any recommendations? :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean something cheap from Amazon lol. You just need to confirm if the jacks in the headphones are 3.5 or 2.5mm, because the older 4xx have 2.5mm going into the cups and the newer ones have 3.5mm going into the cups

1 Like

I was searching for that information… great advice!
I´ve to wait till I get them on thursday… :+1:

:drooling_face:

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome! Enjoy the forum. You are off to a great start already! If you have any questions, M0N and many other members are more than glad to help. Have fun and happy listening!

1 Like

Welcome! Your English is rock solid, were did you learn? Did you spend time in the states? Soy Cubano, one of my bucket list things is getting down there to visit Montevideo and hop over to Buenos Aires.

2 Likes

Welcome! Hope you enjoy and may you wallet hate us in the not so distant future…

1 Like

Welcome to our weird and wacky world

¡Bienvenido!

1 Like

Gracias amigo!
I’ve studied English in my childhood and visited several times the U.States.
If you happen to be at Buenos Aires you cannot miss the opportunity to take the ferry and visit Montevideo. At least for a day!

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s too late!
Thanks for the welcome!

2 Likes

I’ve just read your review about the Hifiman HE4XX. Thanks for the information and thanks for the welcome!

1 Like