New music you discovered in 2020

Cool list. I discovered Kamasi Washington last year. Big fan.

2 Likes

Biggest Discoveries for me
THE THE
Ex:Re
070 Shake

Cyberpunk 2077 and TENET’s scores are bangers to listen to!

Wow, I’m embarrassed to say i had not listened to any Acapella ever before. I’m hooked and some of my system combinations are soooo well tuned for it, just sounds devastatingly incredible. :hugs:

One interesting music instrument I discovered during quarantine was the Kora. It’s a West African string instrument that sounds somewhat between a citar and a harp. I think it’s great for calming and concentration, so I’ve been listening a lot when I need to write stuff up.

3 Likes

Whatever this classifies as, its magic, and just scooted in my discovery list for 2020 with just a few days to go

1 Like

still 2020, so.

Jon Hopkins

We need a 2021 version of this tbh.

1 Like

Without a doubt for me it was opening up my heart to classical music. This has made a huge impact and I am grateful for it. Also, I seem to be trying more and more electronic music.

As for contemporary stuff, Groups like Lake Street Dive and London Grammar have been nice discoveries as well.

Discovered this “song” earlier this year. Been listening to bands that have a foot in the Jazz genre for a while, but this year i have listened a bit more regularly to even more jazz focused music, and this one showed up in my spotify discover weekly and i just love it…

1 Like

I’ve been listening to latin stuff lately, some acustic classic stuff like Natalia Lafourcade and some cuban salsa. Some are old songs (while they have that “Saoco” I like, some of them are not that well recorded, but still enjoyable) but Natalia’s songs are pretty well recorded and feel as if she is singing right in front of you :3

Also, these songs sound better on warm headphones.

1 Like

Most of this playlist features projects i just discovered. Hope you like it

My big discovery in 2020, which I still listen to a great deal, is the Norwegian phenomenon, Aurora.

1 Like