New open back Headphones

Yes the 4xx is very good for those genres, a very enjoyable headphone

I often have problems with the weight of the headphones, especially with the headbaand. One thing that happened for example in AKG and X2 is that the headphones rested on a specific place in my head and I couldnā€™t spend much time with them. Would this happen to me in the 4xx given that they weigh 400g +?

I donā€™t think they are very heavy, and they distribute the weight pretty well. Personally I could wear them all day but YMMV

I do find them a wee bit heavy but the weight is pretty well distributed I find the side of my head is carry more of the weight rather than the top. as it has a tight but somehow comfy clamp due to how thick the pads are

wait why am i not just recommendation the 880 . the 880 might be the way to go here. the bass isnā€™t as heavy and is overall a great all rounder and decent for those genres and you already know how they may feel on your head as a 990 owner

I was thinking that too, but if he found the 990 muddy I was assuming he would find the 880 muddy as well. I wonder what amp he is using. He also thinks they are uncomfortable from his initial post

ah right missed that part I do find the 250 ohm 990 bass does tighten with a nice strong amp. sounded a bit muddy or weak on the fiio e10k. if comfort is a issue a dt 880 non pro could maybe work

I actually have the fiio k3 as a amp/dac

yeah might be a bit too weak for the he 4xx and IMO the 990 an dthe 880. it gets loud but not beyond the pain threshold. I dont wanna say get a better amp and try to work with what you have but the only headphones I can think of are the 599 that you were asking about but like i said not the greatest for those genres but you never know the fiio k3 bass boost might be enough bass for you

1 Like