New PS 5 and XBOX without Optical in

Current tv yes only does 48khz tho :expressionless:

but i can make do i guess.

You will certainly be able to control the sound output via Tv.
Unfortunately not on the monitor which is a pity.
I only have a 3.5 mm output for the sound output on the monitor.
Probably there will be nothing where from 3.5 mm on Coax goes.
If I had to look at the stereo amplifier to see if my Denon Pma 800 ne has a coax out.

So can’t we just connect our dacs via usb like a pc? I see 2 usb ports in that xbox picture above.

no,never mind,Usb on the pc will only recognize the hard disk if at all.
It will run out of that that needs a converter.
Or what could work would be Bluetooth as transfer.
Zbs a connection to the matrix audio mini ipro 2 as Dac, only that at the headphone output is quite weak.
Whether it will be possible via Bluetooth receiver on the pc the output via Usb output to the Dac forwards one would have to test.
For this purpose the pc should also be switched on during gambling if it works.

I ment connecting the dac with usb to the ps5, it has usb ports i assume like the back of xbox. The same way we connect dacs to pc with usb.

Requires the OS is built with drivers.
It probably isn’t.

Then I think the only obvious route is hdmi to optical converter

I use the SoundBlaster G6 amp/DAC via USB on my PS4. I’m hopeful it’ll work with the PS5. Creative has been good about keeping it updated.

Depends.
When the PS5 or SeriesX support USB-class compliant devices and the DAC is class compliant, it will just work.
If any of the two does not, it will not work.

Only issue with the extractors will have to be 2.1 hdmi if u use a hdmi 2.1 tv anyway and wat 4k 120 but then i guess the consoles wont get that anyway.

While the lack of optical is a big FU to my current setup,
PS5 supports USB DACs so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Nice! I am running my ps5 audio from the optical out of my new TV to the modius :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello
Did you try to connect the Ps 5 via usb to the dac to see if it works?

I haven’t. I will try later this week

There are few topics about the USB audio on PS5.

In a short it seems that: UAC1 DACs work and UAC2 ones don’t.
If your DAC/Amp does sampling above 96khz it’s definitely UAC2

At this moment.

Options kinda are: PS maybe adds support to UAC2 as a update or all different UAC2 DACs need a new firmware update so they support UAC1 if possible/awailable.

Some have reported that XBOX might also require “licensed” dacs to work.
Maybe same thing with PS5, new supported and licensed dacs pop-up in the market?

I would imagine something like this would work? That’s what i plan on getting if I do end up with a new Xbox. They have been selling like crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KRWYN4R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QTrTFbRHDFDGA

No, if you plan to play with the best graphics 4K, 120 hz also.
Extractor: * Supports up to 4k video resolution; 8-bit 4K (30 Hz), 12-bit 1080p (60 Hz), or 12-bit 720p/1080i (60 Hz), plus 3D formats"

3 Likes

Yep it is 4k 30hz.

Usb Modius to Ps5 did not work for me.