New purchase leads to audio device dilemma

Hello,

Question: Are there any good built in or third-party software to swap between audio devices in windows via a hotkey of my choice?

Background:
I was originally going to create a thread asking for suggestions about music/gaming headphones, but there were alot of them already and even if none of them gave me the answers I was looking for, I just took a gamble on a pair, and that leads into this thread.

The headphones I’ve ordered has a built in amp and connects via USB, I have a Fostex HP-A4 i have been using it with my Philips Fidelio X2 and speakers. I love the one button swap and the sound of the X2s, but constant loud noise from neighbours forced me to get new cans that are closed. With a music and gaming focus and the products available in Europe within my budget, this narrowed down my choices and now I have the audio device issue to solve if I want to swap from the headphones to my Fostex easily.

PS. there should be a forum category for software talk related to hifi, or atleast indicated in a existing category where this should be discussed.

You can do this in AutoHotKey. Here’s a quick thread I found talking about it.

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=49980

3 Likes

Looks like just the thing Im after, thanks @Sgtdap :slight_smile:

Added Software/Programs

2 Likes