New Schiit Vali 2+: Impulse buy and exploration

Glad to hear you like it. I plan to add one to my stack along with a loki and sys to make a schiit-scraper. When and where I’ll find that money before being distracted by other stuff… i dunno. :laughing:

So… the 6SN7 adapter didn’t fit because of the top. 4 screws later I solved that for the time being. With the BF2 + Eikons… sounds wet and fun.

7 Likes

You could have tried a 6922/ECC88 socket saver to give the 6922 to 6SN7 adapter some clearance.

Yeah but… It would not look nearly as entertaining. Also that socket saver was out of stock at the time.

the stock tube is 6bz7 correct? i just ordered this as a pre amp for the Jot 2 to add some tube to the sound some people have said they tube rolled with this tube RCA 6CG7 / 6FQ7 Audio Tubes - www.thetubestore.com

would this work? im confused about what type of tubes will fit since people are using all different types. maybe a 6sn7 adapter would work but then which adapter type would i need? thanks!

You would need this

But in DagoRed’s post he had some clearance issues so he took the top off.

1 Like

6CG7 fits in the Vali 2+ without an adapter. @Dezz was ill informed. The 6SN7 is completely different base.

1 Like

Also, I think this is my current favorite tube:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1502620-REG/telefunken_e88cc_tk_6922_w_balanced_triode_e88cc_tk_6922_with_balanced.html

2 Likes

i will check it out. never got a non NOS tube before.

Good for you?

what do you mean?

Sorry i misread it i thought he was looking for an adapter for the 6SN7 i misread this post. You are correct sir.

1 Like

All good. Just little details.

This review is spot on. But I can say, rolling tubes in that amp can make it sound better than an MZ2.

1 Like

Any other recommendation for tube rolling on the Vali 2+? (Other than the Telefunken one)

6cg7 6fq7, basically any brand sound best with vali2 og. The 6dj8 can be not bad, but it gets edged out even the 100+ $ bugle boy got edged.

1 Like

rca 6cg7 is a favorite of mine for the 2+

1 Like

My very, very expensive TOTL tube amp!

Dont know of any amp for $150 that really competes for a tube amp…
Listening with a NOS dac into the V2+ with ADX 5000’s and its a absolutely wonderful
pairing…

This amp fed by MHDT Orchid dac with ADX 5000’s is simply close to a 9.9 listening experience here.

Swapped over to a Soekris 2541 dac and its even better!! LOL! One of those perfect pairings…420 cans to a hybrid tube amp …The tube in it is a $3.75 Sylvania 6BZ7 NIB …superb.

4 Likes

The Vali 2+ with the Syvania 6BZ7.

6 Likes

Just got a 6CG7 and tried it out after two days:
Its the best so far…close to as good as it gets here.

2 Likes