New System for desktop

Purchased Questsyle 400i waiting on LP 6.5 powered monitors so I can get up and running any thoughts on headphones to go with this new toy?

The questyle cma400i is a nice amp and I enjoyed mine for the short time I had it. It is a good all rounder. It was very forgiving of poorly recorded music in my opinion. Are you looking at any particular sound signature you want in your next headphones?

I will tell you what I don’t like I have an OLD pair of Bowers&Wilkens on ear, so looking to upgrade from those open or closed I do not have a pref.

I would maybe start off with the Sennheiser HD58x and see how those work for you. They are a safe, affordable and nice sounding pair of headphones. From there, if there are things you like and dislike about them, it will be easier to decide in your next possible headphones upgrade . I own some high tier headphones, but I still own my HD58x as they are a great value, imo.

2 Likes

Thanks I think i will look at the Sennheiser line up

1 Like

What type of music do you listen to, and what sound signature do you enjoy?

60’s 70’s early 80’s rock 40’s through 70’s Jazz. Not too ultra clinical a little on the warm side

Gotcha, the 58x sounds pretty solid imo, the 6xx/650 is also pretty solid with that type of music as well.

1 Like

Ok sorry for delay but with virus delivery has sucked Purchased Dekoni Blues to go with CMA 400i. Question gain settings on the bottom standard and low gain which to use? Also Dekoni was a price point decsision . Oh P.S. love the imaging of my KALI 6" monitors.

2 Likes

I would use standard for the gain, also glad you are enjoying the lp6 :+1:

I love my LP6 monitors…Had them a few months… connected to my Asgard 3… Great low end and great imaging.

I too love the imaging of the LP 6’s question if I wanted to play around where should I set the rolloff for the LF and HF trim right now every thing is set to flat and neutral

1 Like

In all honesty I only set the switches for position… Running off my ASGARD 3 amp… These things are very good… slightly off a perfect triangle from my head and aimed to the sweet spot… sound is for HF and LF is perfect for me. Try different settings and find what YOU like… What I like is probably different… Good luck!!

Did you ever get a pair of headphones?

Yes I did DEKONI BLUES so far i’m happy with them running on the pleather pads i’ll try the memory foam ones they also came with in a week or so good value for the money Fostex TP 50’s with 2 sets of pads for under $250 HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

1 Like

Nice. thats a good headphone