Newbie needing advice - casual gaming/music under $300

thats what everyone is saying mon. including Zeos himself

Is it though? Also it’s all preferences. I really can’t think of where the m570 can compete with a proper 1k ish headphone. I would say the aiva is priced appropriately for what it is at 500 bucks, and I don’t think the m570 is better than the sendy (although they are close). At best I think the m570 completes in the 300-possibly 450 range which speaks volumes but I don’t think it can really compete higher. The sendy imo can compete in the 700 range max imo because of the fit and finish imo

What about the Aiva? same thoughts?

Updated previous post. I don’t want to bash it or anything, it’s a great option that’s very recommendable, I just don’t think it’s really as good as the hype

I bought my 570 because it’s a headphone for $230 that is a cheaper version of the aiva same reason why I jumped on the 58x it’s a cheaper 660

Yeah, it’s a great value if you enjoy that type of sound, but I think it’s been overhyped for what it actually is. I do think it showcases the ability to get great sound at the price, but I don’t think it competes with what some people say it does (stuff on a different tier of performance)

Actually thoughts on sundara vs 570? I know probably really different but does it compete?

I think the 570 has more treble detail and with a more aggressive sound. The sundara has more mid-range detail and a more airy sound. I think the sundara has better soundstage, but the m570 has better imaging. I think it mainly comes down to preference. I would say if you like an exciting v shaped sound with great treble detail the 570 is for you. If you like a more relaxed neutral sound, the sundara is for you imo

Hopefully my amp calms that 8 to 9 k treble spike a bit. Pretty sensitive in that region but for some reason kinda sad about the 10 k dip I like a little spike there might have to eq the 570 based on measurements

Well I do love my 990

It should help compared to other amps

i had the sundara’s and they where great and all but i felt the Aiva’s clobbered them. so i would think the 570 is a better headphone

I think these will be perfect for you

Man, I thought decisions were made and then players 3 and 4 entered the game lol. To be honest, I never looked into the M570 or MMX300; wasn’t aware they of them.

My other headphones just came in and are unopened so I need to make a decision on whether or not to return them. I’ve read/watched some reviews on these two headphones and they seem really good, albeit maybe overhyped?

Do you think these other two headphones are that much better than what I purchased already? Keep in mind I got the HE4xx for ~$110 AND the HD58x for ~$135; so $245 for two different headphones and sounds. I’m not sure I’ll ever find a better deal on the two headphones I bought, and while I like the idea owning two, I still would consider returning if either of these other suggestions were leaps and bounds better.

I don’t think they are leaps and bounds better, but they are an improvement imo. The m570 is more detailed and aggressive, but it doesn’t have the soundstage of the 4xx. The MMX300 is also good but isn’t as open as the 58x. I think if you are satisfied with the headphones you have it’s not worth upgrading. But if you are finding them lacking it might make sense to upgrade based on your preferences

Yes dammit yes lol. You got the cheapest and perhaps thinest sounding headphones in your possession. Dont cheap out on the most important part, the headphones. Get the most you can afford. I did that at first and i just ended up sending them back will i got to the Sundara’s 350$ But with Drop if you open them you might not be able to send them back.

1 Like

Well, that’s your opinion, as I don’t think alot of 4xx owners would say they are super thin/cheap sounding :upside_down_face:

I agree with the don’t cheap out part, but I don’t think he did

i didnt mean literally thin, although that wouldnt surprise me either, but thinnest when it comes to the range of headphones he could get.

Just saying that HD6XX was also praised with that quite. Many out of the many.
220$ at this moment and 84.3k Sold.
Haven’t read this topic really.

1 Like