Newbie needing advice - casual gaming/music under $300

the 6xx was nice but i didnt like it, i sent it back immediately. the Sendy Aiva’s however…

1 Like

Look man you got a sick deal and 2 midfi headphones for the price of one is great deal. I know you had a bigger budget but look at it this was you now have a dynamic headphone plus a planar both regarded as awesome values especially for the prices you got them for both being on sale. And if you like the 4xx and like the sound of planar then maybe you can then start looking at the aivas or the blons or sundaras . Or maybe you hate planar all together and much prefer a dynamic headphone? Now you know and would have fucked up on the m570

2 Likes

Or you can use your credit card buy the m570 on amazon prime try it and if your not Into it return it . But also take this from a guy that started small and working his way up. I also have the 58x and the 4xx and love the sound of the 4xx. Now I want more planars and am waiting for my m570’s

1 Like

Cost twice as much?
The 6XX are extremely well regarded.
There is no right or wrong here, people have different preferences.

2 Likes

some headphones are obviously better than others. the m570 is obviously better than the 6xx

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You do you lol

1 Like

could you elaborate? I’ve heard a lot of headphones and sometimes a headphone is better than one at one as pect the opther is better in another. Im a person that likes my 58x better the the 6xx but I wouldn’t say it’s better. I also like focal utopias more than 800s butI wouldn’t say it’s better or “obviously better”

ok, do lets say you got a M570. And let say you got a Sennhieser 58x. Which one are you gonna listen too? I’m gonna listen to the M570. You know whats gonna happen to the 58x? Its gonna stay on the hanger and gather dust.

Why? the m570 has treble detail like a 1000$ headphone. It sounds fantastic. The Sennhieser 58x doesnt have detail like that. doesnt have treble like that. Now it has midrange better than the m570. but i can EQ that into the m570. and it will still sound better.

TBH I tend to find myself listening to my 58x more than my aiva

1 Like

why do you think that is mon?

what If I want something laid bvack and not so resolving? I’m gonna reach for the 58x. which I already doover my other headphones that have more treble detail.

Perhaps that’s the difference.
I’m not at Mon levels of gear, but I own a couple of different headphone amps, I use them all.
I own half a dozen different pairs of headphones, I use most of them.
My preferred headphone currently is the Elex, through my Jotunheim.
Sometimes I want to listen to a Planar, so I use the T50RP, or I’m playing games and I want something lighter so I use the K7XX. etc etc…
Sometimes I want a warmer sound so I use the CTH instead of the Jot…

2 Likes

IDK, probably because it’s more convenient, as it can be driven off of most amps just fine, is comfortable and lighter, and has a more relaxed sound. I really like the aiva but NGL I probably have the 58x on more than the aiva (but not as much as some headphones). It really depends on the use case. I can acknowledge that the aiva is the superior headphone technicality wise, but that doesn’t mean it’s automatically better and I should no longer consider the 58x. It’s really mostly preference.

And also I kinda find the sendy more thin sounding than the 58x or the 4xx at times. It really depends on preference, use case, and convenience.

im talking about listen to music on headphones, for the best experience possible. not all those other situations. i can understand wanting more soundstage in a headphone. or more bass. or a more rich sound. but downgrading to a headphone for other reasons, i dont really do

Well sometimes the best experience is more than sound though. It’s the whole package that makes the experience. If something sounds great but can be a pita to use (he6 lol) some people may not like it. I’m not saying the m570 is hard to use, but I would rather listen to the 58x if I want a more relaxed sound over the 570

but when I listen to certain tyoes of music one headphone may not give me the best experience possible so I switch headphones that do give me the best experience possible . sometimes my k240’s give me a better experience than my 4xx’x, 58x’s , or 990 because it has a sound I like over them when listening to specific kinds of music. sometimes I use my mh 755’s over my tins or my blons or the koss just cause I love how they sound

then i would find a better quality headphone for those situations rather that resorting to something cheap and entry level like the 58x or the 4xx.

But i only listen to music maybe 2-3 hours a day

I don’t think the 58x is really entry level, as it’s more lower mid-range to me imo. I listen to music every second I am able to, so I like to have variety. I would agree that if you only listen an hour or two a day you would want it to be more of an experience and wouldn’t mind the extra hassle

you do you boob boo. but unlike you I don’t have hundreds at my disposal to buy high end gear, and like I said I sometimes listen to a $4 IEM cause I just enjoy it. I collect gear because they all sound different and do things differently I work 10 hours a day os I also dont have much time to listen to music. at work I usea pair of 3M worktunes they are pretty garbage sound quality wise. but even if I had much more expensive gear I guarantee you I will still go back to the mh 755’s because the mh 755’s do what they do and sometimes it’s what I’m looking for

I mean ksc75 ftw lol