Newbie needing advice - casual gaming/music under $300

I mean considering they are considered slightly worse 660’s I would say they are mid range . they just don’t seem to be for people who have expensive headphones already.people still quantify sound quality mid -fi , summit, fi and entry level not based on how the thing actuially sounds instead by the price.

the whats the best headphone you own, yogi?

Yeah, I have both the 660s and the 58x, and while I use the 660s more, I still do like my 58x (but I think it might be a bit redundant at the point since they are pretty similar signatures lol)

At this point I feel like people would say the Shangri la is the best headphones I own (but personally I can’t pick an absolute favorite)

sorry i was talking to riceguru lol i was calling him yogi cause he called me boo boo lol

1 Like

My bad. Just curious, what would you say is your best for you atm

got the m570’s on the way so according to you that one? like at hand right now I got the 990, 58x, and 4xx. I’m a budget-oriented person and try expensive headphones pretty often and compare them with my own.

my Elex and my sendy aiva’s. the koss 95x is awesome too. but i want more. I would like to get some better headphones. unfortunately they are gonna be expensive.

The ZMF, LCD and Mr speakers lines are interesting, but i always hear the word “warm” to define their sound, and it worries me. I hated the Neumanns NDH20 you know

1 Like

for me depends on the genre, recording quality, what I want, where I’m listening from, what source I’m doing , what I’m doing what my current environment is like… lots of factors

From what you seem to enjoy, the l700 or focal clear seem up your alley

You i dont understand Mon. you got like 20 headphones worth 1000’s of dollars, why bother with the 58x?

1 Like

Are you sure ZMF and LCD has nothing for me?

like I would never put in the aeroplane over the sea on any headphone that is very resolving espcially in the highs but put it on on a laid back headphone like the 58x or the k240.

I just enjoy it all. It’s not all about price. There’s some enjoyment to be had with some of those headphones. If I like something I’m not going to ignore it because I have something “better”

I didn’t say that. I can’t speak for ZMF yet (my pair is on the way and it will be my first time hearing a zmf), but going off of others it seems like something you might enjoy. The audeze line depends on what model you go with. I like audeze headphones for sure

Really appreciating these different perspectives. I haven’t yet opened the headphones I have on hand, kind of wary of Drop’s “like new” requirement for returns. Also, I haven’t yet ordered an amp and figure if I listen to the 4xx without an amp it wouldn’t be giving the headphones a fair shake as they need more juice to sound right.

I have been watching the liquidspark on amazon to see if it gets a decent deal for Black Friday. So it may be a few more days before I get an amp in. At this point it doesn’t sound like I have a bad pair of headphones here. I may gift one pair to my brother if I don’t enjoy one. At least with the price I got these at I will have extra money toward an ultrawide monitor.

I’ve added the m570 to the watch list on amazon and if a stellar deal comes out I may pick them up as well.

Also, does drop always ship their headphones with such little protection? This box came with just a shipping bag surrounding it with several holes.

2 Likes

Yeah the shipping is normal, they are fairly well packaged in the inside. The liquid spark is a great amp to pair with the 4xx and 58x imo

I use the LS and will power both with Ease with a lot of power and oomph

Also nice keycaps and pc, matches really well :+1:

1 Like

you might want to keep an eye on the monoprice website too. they have a lot of sales as well as open box deals. let us know what you think about them if you ever get them. especially in comparison to the 4xx and 58x