Newbie wants to upgrade and begin his journey

If the pandemic opens up a little bit I could just visit them in Austria as I am not far from Munich :thinking:. Will try them before buying, they are not as cheap as the other options :rofl: and i still have to find my sound I like.

That sounds good, I’ll find a shop that has them in Berlin and do the same,
if they blow me away completely I might even consider a purchase, could use a more analytical headphone.

Btw. Beyerdynamic just wrote back: the TYGR 300R will be back in stock in the future,
for those who thought about buying the bundle or from some overpriced ebay store.

Nice to hear that for the TYGR.
They have an option to custom some of the headphones. Did somone ask them if it’s possible to build the dt990 with a detachable cable for a little bit extra? :thinking: Some of the headphones use the mini XLR. Just a bit curious on that :smiley:

I like the Grado SR80, but they are divisive with their sound. More importantly, I think most people would tell you they are not a comfort-first sort of thing at all.

If I were prioritizing comfort, I’d probably stick with one of the better-reviewed Sennheisers.

1 Like

Time to give an update. Bought the IFI Zen DAC, a second pair of Porta Pros with a set of Yaxi pads and a Sennheiser HD560s. Now i have a good base to start. As a noob I have to say that I am completely blown away from the difference to my known Porta Pros. This is just absolutely wonderful. I am enjoying every moment with my new set.

Thank you all for helping me to start :wink:.

5 Likes