Night Oblivion - discussions

Nah, you can get them without buying the IEM

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
AU$4.92 | BQEYZ Winter Ultra Eartips Yellow Silicone Earcap 3 Pairs Replacement Silicone Eartips Compatible with BQEYZ Earphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNALcnK

4 Likes

Just a few words in support of the creators and their creation :slight_smile:

Butastur is one of my favorite IEMs of 2023. The year when I decided to dive deeper into this hobby, bought myself a coupler and bunch of IEMs.

Don’t wanna rant about it’s ability to compete with $1k models - it’s meaningless unless i’m specific about particular models and i don’t have a lot of experience in this price range. For me e.g. Timeless and Hook X is better buy than UM Mest just because of the tuning so can those compete?

In my opinion, NOB is overall an excellent model and a worthy representative of its price category. NOB’s inherent strength in terms of sound is balance, it just doesn’t lack anywhere: solid tuning, good detail retrieval, good soundstage, good everything. For me personally as a complete solution it’s better than e.g. EJ07M, SA6/mk2, EPZ 530 (which i also adore), and even than Monarch Mk3 . Yes, Butastur may be inferior in some technical aspects, but not by much. It’s tuning though is just more capable to my ears.

So thank you guys for making such a great IEM. Hope you’ll find enthusiasm and resources to keep this project up :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Enjoying my Butastur with some Iron Maiden.
As with other IEMs, the chain is key.
In my case, Fiio M11S ->VE Prime DAC → ADV AMP.
They sound powerful, detailed, very clean with good and fast bass…

4 Likes

How do they compare to the Divinity V16? I have a V16 but won’t need both if I buy the Night O’s. Anyone?

While you are in Japan, you can pick up a set of Radius Deep Mount tips for cheap. I use the DVs and the RDMs for all my IEMs.

https://penonaudio.com/3-pairs-in-ear-silicone-eartips.html

This is that eartip. It is available on Penon, their in house eartips.

1 Like

I have since sold my Butastur to buy the Alpha Omega Ra, as it is ultimately a better iem. However, I still stand by the fact that the Butastur is a marvelous iem, and the air pressure balancing technology is an amazing technology that makes them one of the most comfortable full BA iems ever. No other full BA iem I have used was so comfortable and natural like them.

6 Likes

How is butastur compared to mega5est

More bass in Mega5EST because of DD vs BA bass. To my ears it sounds like Mega5EST have more highs even if they measure somewhat close. Both is good in my book.

2 Likes

has anyone tried butastur with the nicehck blacksoul and faeall hibiscus cables
theyre around the same price in my country
which one should i buy

Stock cable works pretty good, probably better than blacksoul.

1 Like