Night Oblivion - discussions

Outstanding!

I hope Penon does one of their discount promotions for these when they go on sale there.

3 Likes

It has Air Pressure Balance vent😎

Taking Sonion AcuPass to its max performance.

This is added to the final draft and I’m simply astonished of APB vent performance combined with Bass-vent directly connected to AcuPass😁

Man, Jinny is a genius.

9 Likes

How do I buy this IEM then?

Maybe a few months down the line. I’m broke :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Release date is in discussion, shall be soon😁

7 Likes

Congrats @AmericanSpirit_JP it looks great! Can’t wait to hear the reviews and comparisons.

1 Like

Quite impressive @AmericanSpirit_JP
qudos for all you have and will acomplish. Wish I had the expertise to assist, but alas I am just a simple country lawyer, (I wish, or maybe aaahhh No)
If I could I would.

Cheers,
DemolitionMan :beers:

I’m an Arsennal of Doom
I kill conversation as I walk into a room
I’m a three line whip
I’m the sort of thing they ban
I’m a walking disaster
I’m a DemolitionMan

1 Like

Great design the pressure balance thing is a real issue most people have no idea about or dont realize!

3 Likes

I’m being oblivious that it’s almost 2am here!

Here are some night shots

10 Likes

Indeed.

Here are some little tech lover facts that Jinny and I discussed well over a night about air pressure balancing. He is a tech gifted, and shares same audiophile esprit who does care listening comfort and hearing damage protection while ensuring more natural and accurate sound delivery.

We named the vent system as :
Butastur Reactive Air-pressure System (BRAS)

-BRAS prevents resonance and protects against stimulation caused by high frequencies

-BRAS serves to discharge certain frequencies, protecting ears from hearing damage

-BRAS will discharge High sound pressure and effectively protecting ears

-BRAS will ensure long term wearing comfort without pressure-build up

-BRAS serves as natural air pressure reserve, and delivers natural lower mid and bass resonance

13 Likes

I am purely a DD-head, but given the techs involved in this project, I am having an urge to have it in my collection as a reference for all-BA IEM. :smiley: Is the bass good @AmericanSpirit_JP ?

1 Like

Hmm this is certainly unique to have one of the sound tubes to be a pressure release vent… I’m really interested now!

1 Like

Very interesting indeed and they look very nice too. Hope to be able to get one somewhen…

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, for full BA, Butastur with BRAS system can hit the second best besides SR8 that uses Quad Sonion AcuPass with vent holes. This means it is better than Neon Pro and Anole VX.

Quantity wise it’s not for Basshead obviously as you can see from the FR, but it is very natural and highly textured :+1:

12 Likes

Hard to say this without coming across as ‘that guy’, but the SR8 uses 38AJ, which isn’t Acupass. I trust your assessment on bass though! Bass is down to tuning then, I suppose

6 Likes

Oops it was 38AJ! Sorry, My memory must have mixed up. Thanks for the correction, 38aj was one of the candidates as well since it was cheaper.

Jinny made one with 38aj for the first prototype and I was disappointed with the bass performance, so we moved on.

7 Likes

I bet the 38DX is a better allrounder for sub! Wish the SR8 used it, but as you said, probably would have to follow a price increase as well, since it’s already a crazy deal

3 Likes

Exactly. SR8 already packs other high cost drivers. They had no choice but to use 38aj. It’s still astonishing though!

3 Likes

Oh wow that is indeed small for 10BA!! Congrats! Comfort is so underrated! :exploding_head::+1:

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to rip the band-aid off because we’re a lot of (generally) immature males here.

Was it intentional to name the pressure relief system BRAS, or did you honestly not make the connection to the very juvenile jokes English speakers can make here, because of a language barrier?

6 Likes

Yes, Butastur carries all I cared about as an audiophile😄

Comfort, pressure build-up, allergy-free, hearing damage protection, natural sound pressure

All those matters👌

6 Likes