Niimbus headphone amps

Has anyone tried these amps. They’re an offshoot of lakepeople like violectric.
They’re interesting but I have no idea how to read their specs

Found a review. Looks interesting

This is an excellent amp, I only sold mine because I got a crazy deal on another amp, really loved mine. Excellent sound quality, super neutral, and extremely durable build with lots of io and features

1 Like

Cool! Something to look into. I havent found many reviews so I was really curious. What range of headphones can it power? I’m having trouble figuring that out. I know most amps can power my stellias but Like is it able to run my T1s or a harder to drive planar.

Mostly anything I could throw at it outside of the he6

Absolutely, it feels like it has boatloads of power and also can power iems without noise

So The Diani V2 and the TC 1266 will run well on it as well.? That’s really cool. I was having trouble reading its spec sheet because it was doing Dbu per volt or something on the store site.
I think this might be something I’m going to save up for.

1 Like

Absolutely worth. I did recently replace mine with 2 mass kobo 394 ii which imo outperform the niimbus but that being said they are really hard to find and have nowhere near as good build quality or as many features as the niimbus has. A note on the niimbus, it’s pretty unforgiving, garbage in garbage out

1 Like

Garbage in as in Source or recording or both? Cause I’d be running this off my Chord Hugo TT2 and maybe a denafrips Terminator Plus down the line.

1 Like

Both

That should be more than fine :+1:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, if this continues and upgrades what the v280 is doing, what dac synergizes with it like v280\1541? Also what dac would do well with mass kobo 394 II? Assuming all of them continuing the signature of v280\1541 combo.

So it really doesn’t continue the signature, it goes way more neutral and precise sounding very studio neutral, so it does take a signature shift (although you can tell it’s still a lake people product). I actually don’t like the soekris on the niimbus as it’s kinda too dry sounding.

To maintain something studio neutral around the 3k mark I might go with a berkeley alpha dac series 2 or dangerous music convert 2 or crane song solaris. For something more neutral slightly warmer smoother but still neutral a holo spring 2 kte or rockna wavelight would be solid. For something warmer thicker and more fun I would go with a lampizator amber 3 or perhaps a denafrips terminator (mbe). Realistically though when I had my niimbus I used much higher tier dacs then these, but I can confirm these are good pairings

With the mass kobo that really depends tbh, lemme think about that. Also the mass kobo doesn’t share much in common with the v280 either

2 Likes

I know for the mass kobos I tend to use the mola mola tambaqui for more analytical listening, an alpha reference 2 dac for something more just neutral, a nagra hd dac + mps for something more slightly warmer more liquid sounding with great timbre, a totaldac d1-direct with the d1 drivers for something pretty full sounding and organic, and others depending on how I feel (although I tend to not use some of the dacs I have because they are a bit too relaxed for that amp)

2 Likes

These almost never come up for sale used… the price isn’t all that great which is keeping my away.

2 Likes