Nine Inch Nails Releases Two New Albums...FREE!

Read About It Here!

2 Likes

It took forever for me to get them lol, it’s almost like it didn’t work (took me the day to actually get the download page yesterday because it just wouldn’t load)

1 Like

ahh…I just clicked the download link and and 5 seconds later, done.

Yeah that was yesterday, today they most likely aren’t overwhelmed lol

that’s funny…however the delay likely was you getting the page to load. 11MB, even on a slow connection, wouldn’t take all day.

1 Like

Nah the shopify thing just kept churning to process the “payment”, it was most likely overwhelmed.

interesting…there are two sets of MP3’s in the zip files…one under a folder with the album name and then another under a folder called OS_X. any idea what that’s about?

I will have to download this. Trent Reznor is from Cleveland and I grew up a few blocks from him. I’ve been a fan since Pretty Hate Machine.

Thanks for the heads up! :smiley:

I know their name, but I’m not sure I like any of their music…will try it on for size n see, LoL.

I got them very quickly yesterday and then unzipped them to my iTunes folder. But they wouldn’t show up until I played them in File Explorer. Weird.
I bought Ghosts 1-4 several years ago, but was not impressed with them. I’ll see if these sound different. The first one or two reminded me of some of my jazz instrumental stuff.

interesting…it’s all instrumental. I thought NIN was more rock like n such?

1 Like

It is industrial metal. Nothing to harsh with the newer stuff. If you want to check out a few note worthy songs, I’d recommend “Down in it”, “Closer”, “Head Like a Hole” and “Dead Souls” from the crow soundtrack (my favorite, which is actually a cover of the original Joy Division song).

2 Likes

It’s almost like drone lol

1 Like

Apple is special like that.

1 Like

how though, Maze? it’s still an mp3 file…not aac.

Same for Zipped PDFs:

Apple puts their name on it.

writen on Windumbs10
1 Like

so you’re saying there is ‘no’ difference other than the folder the songs are found in? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They have done lots of rock. I discovered them through “With Teeth”. I loved that album and I followed it up with my current routine of going back through all his previous albums and cherry picking what I like. MAN, do I love music in the digital age! You just pay for wwhat you actually like. What a concept. :smiley:

So, I ended up buying two albums (With Teeth and Hesitation Marks) and several songs from several albums. Not counting the new stuff I have 46 songs consisting of 3.5 hours of music. Nice stuff. You should check out Trent Reznor doing Olivia Newton John on You’re So Physical (from Broken).

Some of his stuff is REALLY industrial. Basically just sound effects.

I say “he” as Trent Reznor is Nine Each Nails. On most of his albums he has written every word, sang every word and played every instrument. He would then hire a touring band to play his music. At least that is what I heard and read over the years. The last several years he has partnered up with a guy named Atticus Finch, so things might be different now.

1 Like

Trent Reznor has always had a inclination towards that texture based, noise and drone. I’m not suprised that as he ages hes leaning more that way.

1 Like