No amp required

The lower impedance senheisers will work pretty well without an amp, but they all have big impedance spikes around 100Hz, so they benefit from some amplification.

1 Like

Well most of all headphones will benefit from an amp, it’s more if you really can get away with not having one

2 Likes

The Nighthawk Carbon is only 25 ohms.

1 Like

I’ll have to try the ksc75s… I’m hesitant because they look really uncomfortable but I will give them a chance especially because of how much I love the porta pro’s and kph30i’s. Nighthawks seem really interesting too. Thanks! Great stuff in here.

Cascades again… awesome because I hadn’t even heard of these (these these these) until now. Thanks!

I sorta feel like I need to buy the m50s just because they’re the m50s… dumb reason to buy a headphone though lol

1 Like

Just wondering, why isn’t a portable dac/amp an option? If you are considering stuff like the campfire or even the Nighthawks, a good portable dac/amp would be very beneficial. I just think it would be a worthwhile buy if you are considering a headphone over 200 imo

2 Likes

Tbh I didn’t think anything over 200 would make it in here lol it’s definitely an option for me especially if I continue enjoying this hobby as much as I currently am :slight_smile: I appreciate the advice

1 Like

Lol

I think if you are still exploring what you like, I would suggest staying in the under or around 200 range, as that would help you figure out what you actually like before you take the step to a higher end headphone. It’s also pretty nice to work your way up, as I think it’s more fun that way lol

2 Likes

That is quite the phone audio wise though.

2 Likes

Most lg phones are lol

2 Likes

LG Phone is the best thing I learned about on this forum… haha.
$140 on Amazon for a phone that was like $800 just a couple years ago. Finally got me to upgrade my old iPhone 6

3 Likes

KSC75 are very detailed and are well worth a try! I hope you like them.
I wouldn’t recommend the M50x at all for listening, because they are actually very harsh for listening. Very few people I know can handle how harsh they are, and for their price, there are better things out there, just saying.
If you want a nice headphone that is under 100, the Sivga SV006 also might be worth a consideration. Very pleasing warm headphones, easy to drive, very portable, very comfortable, and the wood cups are very nice. They would have a different sound probably than most of what you have. Under 100 dollars.

Another that are interesting are the Grado SR60e and Grado SR80e. The SR60e are slightly tuned more towards treble, whereas the SR80e are tuned more towards warmth. They have a unique sound and are well worth a look. Under 100 dollars.
iu(19)
iu(20)
Just thought I would add some more suggestions if you’re curious. :wink:

1 Like

If you are looking at open backs the Grado’s are certainly worth looking at. And there is a very wide price range for them. Not everybody likes them, but those of who do, we do love them.:+1:

3 Likes

Zeos said they Grado does their best in the low price range and the super high price range.
I’m going to try the 80e vs the 60e soon.

1 Like

I have never done the really cheap ones as I started out with the SR325e’s. I found them a lot of fun, but noisy. I later learned the correct term is bright.
After a while I thought to myself “I love these, but I wish they were smoother”. Then I spent twice as much and bought the GH2’s. Very close to aural perfection. I hear the GS3000e’s are the ultimate, but in Canada they are close on 3K, with taxes. So I just stay away from them. Ignorance is bliss, and cheaper too!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sivga’s look really nice. Cant find them on Amazon canada though. Ill have to hunt them down. Grado’s seem like a bargain and at least worth a listen. Thanks again!

I cant seem to further edit the original post to add to the suggested list… is there a cutoff for number of edits?

I believe so, for some strange reason

1 Like

Didn’t want to put restraints on the conversation is all. I’ll keep your advice in mind as driving multi thousand dollar pairs of headphones off a phone seems ridiculous lol