No Serious Business - IEM Edition

Sorry to hear guys that’s rough @TkSilver @Resolution. :frowning:

Well, something about stuff that doesn’t kill you makes you something or rather…

I suppose it’s part of why you guys are such top blokes. :wink:

Ooo are we starting a band? Can I join?

I can play the thick string on one of my weird guitars sometimes in time!

5 Likes

Wut, also you…

tenor (2)

1 Like

Show us a picture of your headphone and IEM collection!

1 Like

I’m glad no one wrote “Guys, show us your cable collection” :joy:

1 Like

Oooo @Godria should totally show us her cables!

Oh, she does on a regular basis. Amazing cables.

2 Likes

Dude, what a collection! It’s awesome to see more and more musicians popping out of the woodwork.

I almost feel ashamed of myself. I only own one bass. It works for me though…

2 Likes

Ha ha. Thanks so much! You probably have heaps of guitars though.

And the sad truth is, one doesn’t need that many basses anyways. I just have a problem. :tired_face:

Nice Ibanez. :wink:

Yeah, you’re not the only one with the problem. I do still have a sizeable guitar collection but as I’ve been getting older, I’ve been downsizing it. It’s actually because I hit the endgame with what I wanted and finally bought. I have an Ibanez J Custom that when I look at any other guitar, I can begin listing off everything it doesn’t do as well or as nicely. It ended my guitar buying days.

It’s just like what the MEST MKII has done to me within the IEM world.

1 Like

Oh them Ibanez customs are sweet.

Many people think Ibanez guitars are of a general lower quality because many of the music stores only stock the lower to middle end ones.

The true Ibanez high quality ones are just actually phenomenal.

1 Like

I’ve tried and owned many different guitar types/brands and I’m too set in my ways to move away from the classic RG body style. Wait, I actually have 2 Ibanez RGDs which are different but similar enough.

At one time, I bought a 7 string Ernie Ball John Petrucci Majesty. It was this… (not my photo)

I was sooo excited you have no idea. When it arrived, and I touched it, I was devastated. I hated it. How could I hate this thing??? It’s freaking beautiful! It is the Ferrari of guitars. Nothing felt right to me or comfortable. The action was really high and the strings buzzed all over the fretboard. I returned it to Sweetwater even though my rep was quite unhappy with me.

It was then that I said, no more. I’m done messing around. I had just become so accustomed to my guitars that I realized there was no point in changing to anything else. I am an Ibanez fanboi because they just are perfect for me, or because I’ve used them for so long, nothing else fits. Muscle memory is a real thing.

Here you can see some of the guitars in my closet of shame. This is all the stuff that doesn’t get used anymore…

3 Likes

Instruments huh? Here is my mother’s piano.

(that I play from time to time)

2 Likes

Do you have your own?

no lol, they are super expensive. I did have a cheaper keyboard though, but never used it and always used (and prefer) that white piano instead.

(I live with my mother anyway, no need to get my own piano lol.)

2 Likes

If you’re interested, I’m going to give you advise for once.

I highly recommend getting a killer midi controller. Get one that feels right for you and invest in this…

I own all of Spectrasonics stuff. In today’s world, I feel like this makes the most sense.

A keyboard is probably what I would get instead of a real piano. Cheaper and no need to retune it after a while. But thats something I will think about after (if) I move out lol.

2 Likes

Sup biatches. Been out in the streets today, no iem fun yet. Did some more a/b testing this morning between Variations and EJ. Cant justify keeping Variations atm, but it’s still a great iem and rec.

Selling yourself to the highest bidder I hope. Dolla dolla bill yall!

Yeah, someone has to pay for the bad recs you fault me into!!

We’ll see just how bad you faulted me with the EJ07 thing. Got your gravestone engraved yet?