Nymzreviews.com official thread

I find the OG tea to be more of the attention grabber, but for different reasons: the tea2 has a more classical/harmanish tuning, so the OG is more immediately remarkable.

1 Like

Who knows I feel Lava is a Shuoer line of descent and a brand that has reached higher . Mangird still has not made their statement Iem. That maybe coming I would hope so. I am fair as the Tea has always been eliminated at the very end of decisions for me. I have no idea if I made right choice. The Tea and Tea2 bear a resemblance to the Blessing 2 and Dusk conundrum. I am not saying the Blessing and Tea are same but that they are a change in coloration and tuning that keeps original tuning but modifies it. I do trust NYMZ ears and it seems Tea and Olina are a pair that covers a lot of bases. Audiophiles by nature feel small changes are a huge deal. That is me also. Good luck to all in the search.I Might really like Teas and Up but a good chance I may never find out ! We will see.

1 Like

Funny enough, shuoer has the direct upgrades to both Teas - EJ07 and EJ07m Kinda Lava :joy:

(I still think EJ07m OG is also very close to Tea2 and a direct upgrade as well)

7 Likes

Amelie soundtrack is amazing. Movie is great too though somewhat old school.

1 Like

Any news on Ovidius BQ? Did someone get that already?

1 Like

I finally joined the Tea Cult this weekend. I went with the OG Teas, mostly because they are different from anything I have in my collection.

I got a few tracks in yesterday, and have been listening to them for the last few hours, working through my standard headphone/IEM test tracks, and my initial impressions are really amazing. They have some interesting qualities that are impressive and perplexing in good ways. There is a darkness to them that I really enjoy, but the treble is still clear. The imaging and stage are great, which again is something that I normally think should be hard to do without more treble energy, but there it is. Vocals and guitars sound great, which also doesn’t seem like they would, at least based on the graphs. I assume that peak around 8k is doing some heavy lifting. I get why so many people like these.

As a side note, I don’t normally do well with IEMs that have wings and contouring on the shell. I was able to just slide these in without problems, and have been wearing them for nearly 4 hours straight today. I am not sure what is different between the shell shape on these and other similar shells, but my ears tell me it is a huge difference and are very happy.

I put a pair of CP100+ tips on them and got a great seal from the start.

This was the first track I listened to on them, and I picked it because I wanted something epic for the first track. This track proves that guitars and vocals are amazing on this IEM. I was also impressed by the imaging on the voices and instruments.

Steely Dan, Hey Nineteen, is my imaging test, there are several songs that can be used. This has a wandering guitar effect for the lead, but most other instruments are fixed.

Rush instrumental, around 2:15 they start into a run with all three instruments, and it goes a couple times for about a minute before it settles into something more mellow. I like to see how they cymbals sound through this part, how cohesive things are, and check the timber of the bass and guitar here. I tend to get sucked into the guitar solo latter too.

Just after 3:30 is one of the most iconic solos in the band’s history. For me guitar is the real show, so these are what I am here for most of the time.

On of the few times Bonham shows restraint on his drums. The different tempos and tonality make it interesting. The bass lines are pretty intense in the background of the uptempo parts.

One of my favorite Zeppelin tracks, every instrument shines, from beginning to end, in what might be the most blues song they ever wrote, and the organ really works.

10 Likes

Fantastic little write up, my friend. The Zeppelin references are appreciated as zeppelin is probably the band I’ve listened to the most in my life. Happy you’re enjoying the tea and cookies, brother :metal:

3 Likes

congrats and welcome - ha, now I’m going to have to dig out my OGs and take a run through some of those tracks again :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I was going to give you a cookie, but here, take the whole jar.

Welcome home. :cookie:

6 Likes

Hisses a lot with sensitive IEM (has an impedance adapter to help with that). To be honest, i barely touched it so far. Time is short and RU6 appeared at the same time so yeah, rip.

First impressions are good sound, insane power and a couple of drawbacks like its cable, no buttons, not working with UAPP and the hiss.

Great for buds tho.

1 Like

Like your taste in music. I might have to break down and buy them . It always chose between Teas or something else. The something else wins but maybe I am making a mistake lol. I know Nymz tell me I am :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

No mistakes man. Everything are happy accidents. I bought Teas as my “first real IEM” by chance. If I had stayed put, we might no be here talking.

Time teached me Teas OG aint for everyone. They are made for these little moments. When they connect to the owner, a lightning strikes and love happens.

Long live the Tea Cult. I miss mine.

3 Likes

I did the exact same thing, and I have a few other IEMs that I enjoy as result. I know I am in the honeymoon period, but I am guessing that they will be my number one or two IEM when the dust settles. The first time I was thinking about buying them was when the Timeless was releasing. The second time was when the Tea2 came out, which just made me indecisive about which version. I snagged the S12 and Olina, and finally got back to the OG Tea.

I really like the darker tonality of them, but only because they do it while not losing the things I want from the treble.

That is a pretty impressive first pick, and still blows my mind.

I am not sure where that “real” line is. My first IEM was the KZ ZS10 Pro, which I have in my nightstand. If real is by price tag, I am guessing that 7Hz Timeless was my first big boy IEM, and my first trip above $100, but I had Mele at that point, and was getting a clear idea of what I liked.

2 Likes

Yes, give me some of that. From zero to hero.

Budget series Pt.2 incoming

1 Like

FH3. Snigger

2 Likes

And that was the moment I knew, without even hearing any other IEM by then, something was messed up.

2 Likes

Day 3 with the Tea MK1 … working through my library and really enjoying it more and more. My plan is to split some listening time tomorrow and Friday, so I have some other tonal reference ( contrast is good ).

The sub-bass hits better than it graphs. I was listening to the Baba O’Riley by The Who, and the bass notes really start coming in around the 1 minute, and the keyboards are still perfectly balanced against the vocals right after that.

While we all know Tea is amazing for Zeppelin ( and most classic rock ), I wanted more time with my 2nd favorite band, Rush. I tend to pick and album and go, and since it recently turned 40, I choose Moving Pictures, and Tom Sawyer opens up as good as any headphone I have heard. YYZ was amazing, and if you are familiar with that song / drum solo, it might be the perfect check for sub-bass and timber of every standard rock instrument, more so anything a human might throw in a normal drum kit. The imaging on the drum work was good, since they set mics across his setup, so you could follow his movement.

I then jumped back to Caress of Steel, which is sort of weird album for me, and songs about Bastille Day and I Think I’m Going Bald don’t connect with me, even today thankfully, having a full head of hair down to the middle of my back thanks to lockdowns, and being very not French. The Necromancer and The Fountain of Lamneth are about as typical “annoy the record label” as early Rush gets.

Permanent Waves was the point that I discovered Rush, and when I learned how to play guitar, Freewill, and Spirit of Radio were pretty early on the list of stuff I worked on. The solo on Freewill took me a while to get even close on. The timber on the solo was perfect with this IEM.

Thanks @nymz the :cookie: is very tasty, glad you gave me more than one.

5 Likes

I swear that I try.

6 Likes

Your second sample has channel imbalance? Ayayay.

1 Like

Both have.

Edit: Different cable to rule it out:

2 Likes