Nymzreviews.com official thread

I mean I feel you though. Kai is a good set. But climate change is here for the IEM hobby!

2 Likes

I know, just feel it’s deserving of a bit more draw for such a cool/pretty looking set plus a damned good sound :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, based off the ranking list probably not lol. I remember posting my review of the KAI (which I gave a higher ranking than nymz) on HBB’s threads and he flagged it and had it removed because he didn’t like it lol.

KAI to me is badly priced since there’s way too many good sets for better tech and tuning IMHO even then (like zero, Chu, and now wang er, cadenza, HEXA). Still think it’s a good time for high volume blasting tho, but it is lacking tech wise.

3 Likes

That’s… well… I don’t know what to say to that lol :sweat_smile:

Would I be mistaken in guessing some of the pricing being associated with the build of it? I can understand your opinion to a point, but a couple of those examples you’ve mentioned like the Chu are not aiming for the type of replay/sound signature that the Kai aims for. It was never a mission for it to have super strong technicalities. That would be like wanting a game like Devil May Cry 3 to play like Tales of Symphonia.

1 Like

HBB got it removed??

Oh yeah for sure. KAI has its own niche, but unless you’re really looking for that niche most people (like me) will push you towards other sets like the HEXA, Wang er etc. Heck, I’d say even the QKZ x HBB collab may be better for most vs the KAI. But just out of curiousity, what mission do you think the KAI is trying to achieve?

@cal_lando Yup. He flagged it under the guidelines of “misinformation”, and then he proceeds to call me a simp for buying his sets and supporting him :joy: (because I liked his others sets vs KAI) Class act: Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1) - #8770 by hawaiibadboy
But ya anyways it is what it is… let’s discuss something more pleasant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jesus Christ - I went back and read the exchange between you two. That’s kind of … sad. I don’t think it ever should come down to being so argumentative, but I digress.

3 Likes

Haha it’s all good man the past is the past mans got bills to pay I guess lol.

2 Likes

I would say a mission of a flavor of musicality. The QKZ goes for one too but I prefer the Kai, going back and forth between them I like the mids presentation more yum yum nom nom :yum:

@nymz if you were highly emotional would you prefer the Serratus or Ripples?

1 Like

Damn, making Daddy pick his favorite kid…you’re mean!

1 Like

He would prefer to cry and smash some KZs :joy:

4 Likes

So creepy… :joy:

1 Like

Let’s hear what the “hardcore audiophiles” have to say :smiley:. I don’t agree with most of the thoughts, but whatever. :roll_eyes:

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Hey squad, I’m letting go my OG TEA and some other stuff at a special holiday price here :sunglasses: Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread - #3857 by VIVIDICI_111

Happy holidays :santa:

6 Likes

@nymz :eyes:

8 Likes

Now it’s making sense. Who needs your starter sets when a Big Boy set is right there?

2 Likes

1 DAY FIIO BTR7 IMPRESSIONS:
As a respected source hater I decided that it was long gone since I bought my latest source to the collection.

Since the original announcement of the Fiio BTR7 I was eyeing that as it was one of the few BT dongles with 4,4mm connection (Shanling UP5 being the only other I know in <250$ category), later on PEQ functionality was promised so it was clearly showing as a replacement to well deserved Qudelix 5k. The only 2 things I don’t like about that device is 2,5mm balanced socket and the physical controls being shitty as hell for lack of better wording (it tends to turn on/off randomly on my pocket, it is really not intuitive to control songs, volume etc).

So it seemed like BTR7 would be a perfect choice, correcting everything that was wrong with already good device.

Boy, I was wrong. Fiio’s dongle is huuuuge.
It has terrible UI both in app and in the dongle itself. It turns on very long. It turns off very long. It is huuuuge. It is more in small DAP category than it is in BT dongle category. It is like a DAP without all the functionalities of dedicated audio player. It is like a dongle, but without the usability of a dongle. Qudelix has so much more developed app it should be a shame to Fiio to release something that shitty… PEQ doesn’t seem to work - only 10 band EQ as of now.

The sound is good and clean though (as all the rest of my sources to be fair).
It is definitely more powerful than Sony ZX300. It can chew 500Ohms Tantalus driver Bell Serratus with ease. So what, Qudelix5k can also drive them well in my opinion (our of single ended even?).
But if it can drive that it probably can drive everything else in the world - someone shoot me for that statement. But it is good to know there are BT sources capable of desktop like power delivery (5,6VRMS into 600Ohms in boost mode, 300mW into 32 ohm, come on - what else would you need).

I would be letting go of this device unless some miraculous enlightenment happens and I start to hear the difference. I am afraid though that it may only get worse if BT connection would turn out to be shitty - as if now I haven’t got a chance to test it properly.

Is anyone interested in buying this little gem? :dagger:

But let the pictures tell the 1000 words:

6 Likes

OG TEA as a starter set is pretty insane ngl LOL–>Straight to the big bois

Update: Bundle is officially sold! Sorry slow-pokes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I’ll have to keep an idea like this in mind. Some time in 2023, I’m definitely going to have TOO many sub-$100 sets I never use. I may do something like this to pay it forward

2 Likes