Nymzreviews.com official thread

This is correct. I run FLAC 99% of the time, and that is the reason I’m looking for more options also outside android. I thought I was going to use the stream a lot more, but guess what? I’m dumbo and I don’t.

I LOVE M3X and I rec it all the time. I just wish the sound coloration was a little bit less. Shanling sounds like some honey was put into your music, which seems to help some of my sets and hit on some other. I still love it anyway and most of my listen is made through it.

1 Like

+1 …10 char

1 Like

Just to add regarding sources I use:

Variations - Shanling M3X
Dunu EST 112 - Ibasso DX-160
P1 - Moto G Play+Xduoo XD-05 Basic
Kbear Believe - Sony NW-A55+Fiio Q3

These are just personal choices based on my perception of synergy.

1 Like

Yes!! Great combo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want to do a quick feedback on the audiosense dt300 I recurved yesterday.

I listened to it and compared to the Aria (that is my current reference set).
The first impression was “it is warmer than aria”
The second impression was “my temporal region hurts”
So yeah, I discovered pressure build-up. I have to find info about that, because it can be very painful, disturbing and fatiguing.

Compared to aria, the sub-bass is rolled off so there I less slam. The mid-bass though is more elevated, giving this impression of warmer sound.
The dt300 have better mids than aria: I find they have pretty much the same balance (male VS female vocals), but the mids on the dt300 are more forward and more resolving.
Concerning the treble, it is less elevated for the dt300.i noticed it because I hear less sibilance on some tracks and because piano and the instruments with cymbals (like tambourines) are less up-front. On the tracks I tested this (the Zelda medley by koji kondo, IIRC), I even find this more balanced: these instruments are too invasive with aria.

On the technical stuff, the stage is clearly smaller on the dt300. The noises on the track buzzcit season by Lordie are an excellent example of that. I didn’t really test the other technicalities yet.

So at the end of the day, the dt300 is not as bad as I feared it to be: it improves the mids and allow me to have my first taste of BA. I didn’t notice any BA timbre. For the 90€ I paid (I got it used), it is a honest set. For 180€(its official price), I can’t say as I never listened to any other 150+ set.
The ugly thing for me really is pressure build-up: it destroys my ears. If I can’t find a way around this, I can’t keep this set.

Welcome to the life of unvented sets. Some are worse than others, some people are more sensitive. I guess your last resort is foamies :confused:

This unpleasant feeling is coming straight from eardrum being stressed by the air compressed while inserting the IEM.

2 simple methods that need (like based on laws of nature) to work:

• break the seal after inserting the IEM to the canal by wiggling the earpiece. You would feel the release definitely - air in the canal would reach the equilibrium with the air in the Eustachian tube behind the eardrum (which is in most cases equal to atmospheric). By breaking the seal you would even the pressure in canal to atmospheric.

• make a tiny hole in the silicon eartip with a needle. It would work as a valve letting the air out of the canal also to reach pressure equilibrium (or a little bit less, as the material need to deform elastically because of the pressure difference and it has some inherent rigidness, so would resist to do so at some point). Won’t affect the sound quality if not too large

2 Likes

Interestingly, FiiO FH9 abandon the beryllium driver and install DLC. Will it help with tuning :woozy_face:

2 Likes

It’s Fiio, so they’ll probably release FH9 and FH9 Pro which will contain “pro” cable that lifts sonic qualities.

2 Likes

Anything Porta-Fi is a no click for me :-1:

2 Likes

And for me. For info only.

2 Likes

Soon ™

6 Likes

Are those Tayas in upper left? Do I see correctly there is a mic in-line?
I would be grateful for some short check of the quality of the sound captured by it - is that useful for some homework meetings or is it crap like most of those in-line mics?

Tanchjim Tanya - Blon Bl-03 - KZ DQ6 - Tripowin x HBB Mele

Sorry, it’s a regular splitter. Although, I think there’s a version with mic. Sorry I can’t help you with it :frowning:

Love the graphene cable on the Mele! I wanted one for 11.11 but 1. Oxygen took all my money, and 2. Haven’t gotten over the mental block of spending so much on a cable :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t look bad on any set tbh :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, graphene looks sick on most IEMs. And it feels so good as well! Love the cable

2 Likes

Yes, there is. I wanted to buy this set for the filters/tip as was recommended, but 25$ for starter pack? I am too cheap for that, I need another purpose for the IEM itself.
And that would be usage as a earset for meetings etc as I am not happy about my current setup for that purpose (some cheap ass Steeldesign gaming headset)

1 Like

Agreed … my last DHL shipped set was the 7Hz Timeless. I took the regular shipping, and it got to me a week ahead of schedule.

1 Like

If you want a cheaper filter you can use these according to @Rikudou_Goku : (20pcs)DIY Earbuds repair parts Earphone Front cavity Tuning cotton Tuning sponge Headphone tuning|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

2 Likes