Nymzreviews.com official thread

That is dedication to music right there! Two hours before the kids - crikey!

I’m quite curious what made you choose the Tea 2 over the Canon in your Great IEM Purge lol. Obviously YMMV since HBB preferred Canon, but I’m interested in hearing your take!

3 Likes

I’m still not entirely sure from a technical perspective. Something about the Canon just didn’t sit right with me in the treble region. My best guess is that it’s the small dip at 3k and the rise back up to the 4-5k. But, that’s just me looking at charts and trying to make sense of what I hear. The Tea 2 just overall sounded smoother and more consistent across the treble region.

Edit: Worth noting it maybe be why I also like Serial so much. Seeing it graphs so smooth in the upper frequencies. Still trying to make sense of all the technical reasons why I prefer an IEM.

4 Likes

Thanks! Could also be coherency and timbre. I can’t identify coherency issues yet, but timbre yes.

Btw I think you took the best approach to this hobby - order a bunch of stuff, listen to music, rank, prune. Glad to have you in the community and sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

Now that you have had some time with the canons what is your thoughts on it compared to the Olina?

1 Like

I also listen to music during the first part of the work day, and do written work communication, and drink some coffee in my home office.

I don’t know if I can get up any earlier. My office is three hours ahead of where I live, so I already get up around 5:30 am, just to be at work by 9am their time. I do get off work around 2:30pm, so that is cool.

1 Like

That’s basicly my dream. Start working early (from home) and close it by lunch time. Amazing!

1 Like

You must really love your job to commute 6h a day :smiley:

1 Like

Funny enough this wasn’t even my first purge. Had another before finding this forum. This was my collection one month into the hobby five months ago. Went the cheaper route first. Theres at least another 10 sold or returned after this. Only two still with me today as my beater IEMs. A lot of lessons, notes and decision were made. That and finding @hawaiibadboy on YouTube really helped determine my preferences. Glad to be part of this community and hobby.

14 Likes

if I never sold/got rid of stuff my closet would be full of headphones and I’d have 3 watch boxes of IEM’s :joy:

3 Likes

Lol you think you might be biased a bit lol and the price is fair apparently for the quality. I never heard it and most likely will it hear it. Take care and have a great day.

It’s not bias per se, but bias other people will think I have. I think they are phenomenal. Give them a couple months and the same effect as mangird tea OG will happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I just finished critical listening last night so hopefully can write up my thoughts this weekend. I couldn’t compare all the tuning configurations though because that’s 8 combos lol

3 Likes

Finally picked up my new-to-me OG Teas from the post office. The hype is real!
I’ve only got a few hours with them so far but they fit my ears like a glove. Rotated between the Teas and Variations - the treble is smoother on the Teas but still very resolving. I really like the mids and staging.

More to come.

Side note - ran these with a Cayin RU-6 and just had moments of absolute bliss.

5 Likes

Ok I really will keep that in mind as well I am in a buying frame of mind.

1 Like

Nymz, is the 2nd sample of KL in hbbs squiq link database your sample?

2 Likes

Yes it is!

1 Like

that is both good and bad, they both look equaly cool to me but then the qc consistency is ugh not reliable, also makes me wonder if the mixed reception of the og ej07m has something to do with it

I must confess that the Tea 2 almost made my purge. There was some uniqueness to it though that made me keep it. Been listening to it almost exclusively the past few days. So glad I kept it. Maybe I just needed some more brain burn-in with it. Now It’s easily in my top 3. Xenns now holds 2 spots for me. That puts my Top 3 at; Up, Tea 2 and Serial. If I purged even further these would be the ones staying.

I do have my eye on the Yanyin Moonlight. Just not sure after the Canon how it’ll fair. The Canon overall is solid it’s just still something with the treble not working for me. Other than that I really love it especially for bass heavy tracks which is mainly 90s HipHop for me. Wondering how the tuning will be and if the ESTs might address the faults I have with it. Also seeing it’s tunable where the bass shelf might graph because I do like the Canon in the 110 config.

4 Likes

FYI the Moonlight does not have tuning switches :cry:

That’s one thing I’m slightly worried about without a graph. As I’ve been using the Canon in the 110 config mostly while occasionally just 100. Wondering what the Moonlight will be the closest to.

Edit: Wonder if they did any market polling on what was the most used config to help tune the Moonlight.

1 Like