Nymzreviews.com official thread

Sorry, I’m not a fan of penon house tuning. An argument could be done for the Aladdin, but that’s about it. And there’s always a lack of reviews regarding penon stuff :wink:

2 Likes

I’m in for an Aladdin review
This set has so little English reviews on YouTube, and it’s also a good comparison to the Tea!

P1+ is fine for the planar comparison, I guess. But like what ttorbic said, both P1+ and KZ ZEX pro have so many reviews that it’s kind of a wasted opportunity for your wallet.

1 Like

I was on a journey in the neutral side of force before… Etymotic ER2SE and Blessing 2 were my last IEMs, but they never really pleased me. Got to a point where they started to sound boring.

Everything changed when I got the Meles. They have exactly the sound signature that I was searching for!

@nymz in your opinion which IEM would be a natural upgrade for Tripowin Mele?
I’m very confused with a lot of options in the market and want to do a safe bet.

3 Likes

What’s your budget? :slight_smile:

I don’t think you need a neutral sound, you need a warmer one!

1 Like

$300.
I can spend more, but I’m not so comfortable spending that much on audio gear.

I just discovered that when Mele arrived lol.

I’d say to spend some more days with Mele and then tell us exactly what you love/don’t love on that set, so we can help you get to the dream :slight_smile:

Sounds like you enjoy the SQ of dynamic drivers (DD). What’s your source? Do you use a DAC/amp or a dongle or something else?

I’m with them about a month… Didn’t touch Blessing 2 since they arrived lol.

I love the timbre, tonality and the way that they are very full, fun and enjoyable with all my library tracks (rock, classical rock, 70/80/90’s music, acoustics). I was really missing mid bass on Blessing 2.
Bass is great in quantity and quality, but I would like a little bit of more texture in bass guitars. Mids are perfect. Treble is good and I discovered that I really don’t like too brightness here, just a good detail, extension and a little bit of sparkle are enough for me.

1 Like

As I’ve never had any demanding gear, I’m just using an Apple dongle.

2 Likes

Sounds like the Moondrop Kato and 7hz Timeless would be great for your Music Library :v:

Those two would be top picks for those genres, especially under 300$.

3 Likes

Going to the Xenns/Mangird Impressions thread on Head-Fi, I just cannot.

Comments about how different cable materials will sound more A, more B, or more C as if it’s soooo perceivable… And the caveat of all: It’s Mangird, not Mangrid. Can’t believe after so long some folks are still getting it wrong even when the item is in their possession… (many of which the Penon cable gang)

3 Likes

I‘m with you on that one. I just cannot take anyone who claims that cables make a huge difference in sound quality seriously.

I have to say though, I pronounced Mangird wrong in the beginning as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same too, my brain had to adjust for a while lol
It’s just that this joke has been so old since Zeos’ review last year. Saying it wrong is one thing, typing it wrong while having the item in your hands plus it’s the brand name? That’s another story

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s a fun silly meme though if you write it ironically xD

Also, completely unrelated. Even though I love my Trinity and them being much better on every account, I still use the Moondrop Aria semi-regularly. Having them in my ears rn. Something about them is just so soothing and comfortable.

Really, a benchmark for their price point.

1 Like

I have the Tin T4 in my ears now, cos it’s hella light with one side dangling down (need one ear to listen to the environment)

1 Like

I heard the Aria once and didn’t liked them.
I don’t know if it was just a first bad impression but they seemed shouty to me… Specially in the upper midrange.
Because of that I never saw any review or opinion about Kato. Will read more about them.

7hz Timeless looks good but I saw a lot of mixed opinions and some QC issues.

1 Like

I found the Aria to not sound like the Kato, even though they graph similarly.

Yeah, the Timeless seems to have some QC stuff going on.

2 Likes

From my experience I have come to the following conclusions: Copper cables make the sound softer and less sharp. Silver cables sharpen the sound. Cables with a thicker braid slightly increase the soundstage. Expensive cables do not justify their price! The steamer is better to decide which cable to include !! :sunglasses: And one more thing - so far I have not heard of technical IEMs from FH7 at a price of up to $ 1,000 , I am completely serious… :boom: :boom: :boom: :relieved:

1 Like